All reviewsrecord playersunset loungemusical instrumentsbeautiful hotelmusic themefun touchparking garagelocal artwonderful additionwithin walking distanceold town fort collinsrooms are comfortablelive jazzlending libraryrestaurant downstairslarge tvfront desk
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Fort Collins sure has changed in the 20 + years since I had been back when the only hotels were out by the interstate. Not any more. This is a well desingned complex with great attention to detail including unique art installations, two lounges, large open entrance and a market place that serves as a restaurant, coffee shop and sundries. I stayed on the fifth floor. Nice view. The sunset lounge is a treat although the service was slow. The staff was super friendly and enthusiastic to help. Location is perfect for downtown. Parking is expensive for a small town. I opted to find free street parking on day two. the only complaint I have is the air freshener they dispense is overwhelming and not necessarily pleasant.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelingphotodude
SRSloan, General Manager at The Elizabeth Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Good morning travelingphotodude;

Thank you for your kind post and helpful feedback. We are indeed in a tremendous location and our team is always willing to serve and assist in any way we can. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back very soon.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. It has a chic modern vibe with contemporary accents. The room was comfortable and the bathroom large and well appointed. There is a record player and records in the guest room which was very unique. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The onsite restaurant, the Emporium had great decor and excellent drinks. The only downfall of this hotel are the doors slam incredibly loud and it wakes you up. I was very impressed as I have stayed all around the world and this was one of the best hotels I have stayed at.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vlo Z

Good morning, Vlo Z;

What a wonderful posting - thank you! It's wonderful you were able to experience so many of our unique amenities and orchestrated charm. I will look into the doors to see how we can quiet those down.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your return soon.

Thank you!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

So this is a weird review. It's also my first for a hotel. And that's saying something, because for more than six months of the year I live in them all around the planet for my work. So let's get to it.

The Elizabeth is absolutely fabulous. Great rooms, super conscientious and friendly staff, amazing restaurants and venues: cozy, yet luxurious and hip at the same time. The rooms all have turntables (though mine didn't work), a collection of vinyl, even a room to borrow musical instruments (I got a Les Paul). Just awesome!

Laundry time.

I began filling in the laundry slip in the room when I noticed it was only for dry cleaning. Tried calling reception (impossible phone) so went downstairs and requested an order slip for the laundry, assuming they just forgot it. No. No laundry service in the hotel, I was told. ?!? Okay, what's the solution? There's a place called Washouse just over 2 miles away. They'll pick up and drop off? Sure. Okay, cool (not really). I call the Washouse, but they're not open. I leave a message, they call back. No pick-up and drop-off. Me, no time. Fast forward half a day later, 21 bucks for an Uber (closer to four miles), and 9 dollars of laundry (now that was steal), and I had missed my afternoon meetings, had a colleague drive me to pick up my laundry and drop me back at the hotel (saved on another Uber), and finally had clean clothes for the remainder of my trip.

But I'm wondering all the time, how could a hotel this good get something like laundry so wrong? No other options, seriously?

So a couple of days later I casually asked an attendant how they couldn't provide laundry service. And imagine my surprise when I learned that they in fact do! Dear oh dear. How did this happen?

Apparently they do offer laundry service, which they send out (of course they do) and have back the same day. No surprise there. And apparently guests have just been writing in on the laundry slip the items they want cleaned which are not listed on the form: t-shirts, pants, undergarments, etc. Oh, that's how this is done? Come on.

Please guys, provide a form(s) that lists BOTH laundry and dry cleaning, and don't send guests on wild goose chases looking for laundromats and running interference on something so simple. And until you do, make sure all the staff (and there are a lot of them) are on the same page with assisting guests. And that's your fourth star.

Fifth star? Even easier still. Great restaurant attached to the property called the Emporium. One thing to nail, and it's an easy one: condiments! Can't tell you how many times I was staring at a plate of deliciousness and watching it grow cold while I waited for salt, pepper, ketchup, butter, hot sauce, all the extra love. Seriously gang, just bring this with the utensils, so many restaurants do (no, all of them). Real easy fix. Five stars!

Will I come back? Hell yes. So close to great, and still so damn good.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeffrey B
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We live in Fort Collins, and for a "staycation" spent a Friday night at The Elizabeth. Fort Collins has a vibrant Old Town, and has been needing a full service hotel for a while. We stayed in a standard King room, had cocktails and appetizers in the 5th floor Sunset Lounge (with live jazz from Mark Sloniker band), then dinner in The Emporium, with brunch the next day also at the Emporium.

We rarely give anywhere 5 stars, but here is why we gave The Elizabeth such a great rating:

The room: sufficient space, not massive, comfortable bed and pillows, modern and well thought out. Bathroom very well designed, nice linens and robes. The hotel has a music theme, and all rooms have a record player and LP's, a fun and nostalgic touch; large TV with Netflix apps etc and free WIFI. The whole hotel is boutique style with plenty of different and interesting spaces. Small but nice gym. Parking next door and roof top terraces for the summer.

Sunset lounge: very popular on a Friday night with a short wait. Lovely view over the rooftops to the mountains. Good cocktails and service. Didn't try the Magic Rat as no music was playing, but this is a venue for bands.

The Emporium: we had only eaten lunch here previously. Market/cafe style with a historic feel to it (despite it being brand new). Food very good quality, not awfully expensive, brunch was a little slow to arrive. Coffee excellent. Service excellent.

We would highly recommend The Elizabeth. The location could not be better, right in Old Town, and thus nice to walk around to shops and other restaurants. It is part of the Marriott system and if you work for the government, honors the government rate if you have your ID.

The Elizabeth is an unusually comfortable place to stay and offers value for money. Best option in Fort Collins!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jane B

Good morning, Jane B;

What an incredible posting about your stay with us - thank you so much! Staycations can be so fun and we are really glad you enjoyed your time with us here in Old Town. So much to see, do and experience...

Thank you again - we hope to see you back with us a lot.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is so amazing. Top notch service, beautiful rooms and a great location. You have to eat at Emporium! What a treat! This is our new home in Fort Collins! I really enjoy the lounge and all of the musical motifs! Well done!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
SRSloan, General Manager at The Elizabeth Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you, Scott P! The Elizabeth team and I are super pleased you and your family had such a great time here in Fort Collins. We will certainly keep the light on always here at your new Fort Collins home!

Thank you again for your wonderful post!