“New Ownership - May Get Better”
Review of The Game

The Game
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently went on a spree of four area escape rooms. This was our final one and it was pretty lackluster after the others. The guy running the place said he had just purchased it and is going to make a lot of changes, so bear that in mind if you're reading this after April 2018. But, as is, it was kind of hokey and in need of major updates. It almost reminded me of a yard sale late in the afternoon. I'm not saying it needs to be more high tech (you can absolutely have an awesome low tech escape room), but when I got out of there I just desperately wanted to take a shower. We did the Blackbeard one and eventually he basically had to tell us how to get out of the first room. We have been successful in every escape room we've done so far but that first room made no sense at all. He told us that not many people figure it out. Even after that giant hold up, we got out with over 20 minutes to spare. He was a nice guy and said he just wants people to have fun, but honestly it's $20 per person and for about the same price you can go to way better ones in town. I wish this guy well but as-is, we would not go back. I would try it again after his upgrades. On the way home from the others we excitedly re-hashed what had happened. On the way home from this one we were just like uhhhh anyone want Dairy Queen?

Reviewed January 15, 2018

We had 5 people and did Blackbeard pirate room. We all got to participate. It was so much fun. The staff was so nice and the room was very well decorated. It was a great experience. Would like to go back and try another room. Marlys

Mary W, Owner at The Game, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Thank you for choosing The Game. Our goal is for other's to have fun.

Reviewed December 29, 2017

For a larger group Blackbeard's Ghost isn't the best escape room. Many times one person would be doing the necessary next step and everyone else would be standing around. I recommend if you do this room a group of 2 or 3 people. This is not the most challenging nor entertaining room in town.

Mary W, Owner at The Game, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Thank you. As my response earlier, not everyone enjoys the same movie or have the same tastes in food and that is what makes the world go round. Your review is appreciated.

Reviewed November 30, 2016

"The Game" is a different, fun twist on the standard escape room approach. Lots of attention to detail - multi-room scenarios. I would recommend it to large or small groups, younger and older alike. Steve and Mary are great hosts...

2  Thank sjmuiuc
Mary W, Owner at The Game, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Thank you. I realize not everyone enjoys the same movie or have the same tastes in food.
Our goal is for those who like new things come play The Game and experience a unique way to have fun. Again thank you!