Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$140
FindHotelUS$119
PricelineUS$119
eDreamsUS$119
getaroom.comUS$140
All reviews waffles the breakfast area two queen beds short drive front desk staff nice stay parking lot first floor road trip motel pet backyard microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a great place to stay with the family. Our room practically looked like an apartment, there was tons of
room and it was right off the highway. This will be our go to place to stay in Durango from here on out. Great Staff and Great Price.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 10 March 2021

I recently had a great six-night stay here. All the staff members at the desk were kind friendly. It was a nice touch that they included photos to show what they look like under the masks, which I've never seen done anywhere else. The room was great: It was spacious and looked like it had just been renovated. Everything was in perfect condition. The back looked out onto some nice mountains. The Internet never cut out the whole time. The hotel doesn't have its normal breakfast because of the pandemic, but they give you a nice hot breakfast burrito. There's an adjacent restaurant, but it's not currently operating. I hope when times are better, a restaurant will move in, as it's so nice to eat and drink without having to drive anywhere. Meanwhile, there are countless restaurants within a very short drive, and on Doordash I found many places that deliver to the hotel. I will definitely return when I'm in Durango again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 10 March 2021

The suites at this Best Western were perfect for pets! My stay was so much easier with the convenient back door that lead to a large grassy lawn =) Breakfast was ready fast and for being adjusted for Covid it was delicious!!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 22 November 2020

We enjoyed our stay very much! Check-in was so easy, staff was very friendly, rooms were perfect, breakfast was delicious and hot! We would recommend this hotel for a stay in Durango. Also, the price was very reasonable! I had left some items in the closet and when I called the hotel when I got home they had the items and are able to get it packaged up to send out UPS. So pleased about that!

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Roving600496
Amy Brunvand, General Manager at Best Western Durango Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. We are very grateful for your business and thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We have a terrific team that is working hard to insure a delightful and safe stay. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 14 October 2020

I actually completely forgot we had stayed here but my previous review was a 5 star review. Of course, we had a different room, but still. My husband actually recognized it when we showed up. After this stay we will not be returning. Our daughter is attending college in Durango and we'll be returning a lot so I need to try to remember NOT the Best Western!

We had reservations for a 2 night stay and got room 214, which is a 2 queen, tiny room. We actually cut it short a night because we just couldn't stomach having our daughter hang out with us in that room while we visited her. The check in process was simple and the front desk staff were very friendly. But when we got into the room, we noticed the tiny toilet & shower room's window was covered in bugs on the outside. My husband said they looked like box elder bugs and they were harmless, but still: we couldn't open the window because they'd all come in and we noticed a couple did make it inside anyway. The bathroom was very outdated and the tub had no grips at all and no hand rails so I feel sorry for any elderly folks that might need to shower. The toilet was so close to the toilet paper that you had to lean away from it to be able to get it.

The other issue we had was the air conditioner: it's positioned in the sink/closet area and a wall blocks any of it's cold air from getting into the room. They provided a large box fan but to have that be effective, you'd have to place it IN the doorway to the bathroom, thus blocking the bathroom. Surprisingly I think we all got more sleep than we thought we would but I did go through successive periods of "I'm hot" and "I'm cold" throughout the night. I don't see how tourists handled this during the summer, when it was in the upper 90s out.

Pandemic-era breakfast consisted of a brown bag available upon order ahead of time. It had a breakfast burrito in it, a banana, a granola bar and water or juice. They did have it ready by the specified time and the burrito was still warm but apparently a previous guest had to heat theirs in the microwave because there were crumbs that looked like tortilla crumbs near the microwave.

The floor did not feel or look clean at all. We actually found a penny in a corner, so bonus for us. The noise level from other guests, even on the top floor was pretty hideous. Or maybe we had a heard of elephants staying there at the same time. Not sure.

At least they didn't give me a hard time when I canceled early. No fees or anything. But still, I strongly feel the $122 we paid for 1 night was way overpriced. We gladly paid $220 for a night's stay across the street at the Residence Inn, in a room next to the elevator instead of spending another night in this room. Maybe the bigger rooms with balconies are better? I don't know...

Date of stay: October 2020
Amy Brunvand, General Manager at Best Western Durango Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Oh My! If there is was anything left in your guest room from a previous guest, be it a penny on the floor or a single crumb, that is completely unacceptable and we will address swiftly. Not OK. We are sorry you hear of your disappointment. We are a great value as I am sure you found when shopping for lodging in Durango. $100 is a big difference for some. We pride ourselves on our outstanding service, cleanliness, and our breakfast is one of the best in town. Most places offer only a sweet roll and a bottle of water so we are glad you enjoyed your breakfast burrito and all the additional items. Indeed, our standard rooms are not really designed for big families. They are best for couples traveling. We highly recommend, for a few additional dollars, our suites; much more space. All of our bathrooms have had the showers completely replaced and the tubs have a non skid surface compliant with Best Western Standards. We no longer put those gritty strips on the tub, as they discolor and give the tub the appearance of being dirty. The non slip surface was designed to address that. Your husband is correct. The box elders are a nuisance in Durango. As the weather gets colder, the congregate on heated surfaces such as south facing wall. The only way to mitigate them is to cut down the trees and we just don't want to do that. We regret we will not see you again, but if you do, we hope you will enjoy one of our suites, our outstanding service, our unique location and the vast backyard area with plenty of room to social distance and enjoy the cool mountain air.