“Something for everyone (pizza-wise); a solid choice”
Review of Wazee Supper Club

Wazee Supper Club
Ranked #350 of 3,272 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wazee
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Came here recently for an early dinner with a toddler, so it wasn't too crowded (a few at the bar, 3 other tables), and was clearly working with a downsized staff (bartender, server). Overall, it was a solid experience, and I would recommend it for families that have multiple tastes to satisfy.

We found the place while riding the bus, and saw that it was fairly packed on a Saturday evening. i saw kids in the windows and felt comfortable knowing that it was a kid-friendly (truly -- because you know there are places that *say* they're "kid-friendly" and really aren't) place. We returned several days later and were pleased by a fairly robust beer selection, a smattering of cocktail offerings, and a menu that included a number of salads, burgers, pizzas, etc.

Everything here is pretty straightforward. The vibe/decor feels "pizza-parlor-y" and the menu items are described well. They didn't blink twice about getting a high chair and sippy cup for us, and their kids activity/menu sheet was actually pretty intense and more involved than the usual "scribble on this placemat" fare. I ordered a roast beef pizza that came with a bowl of jus. It sounds weird, but it was really tasty -- basically a French dip sandwich in flatbread form. My partner ordered a burger that came out more well-done than the ordered medium-rare (or even medium), but again, it was a straightforward burger. The kids menu offered the usuals: mac n cheese, pizzas, chicken tenders, etc. with fries or fruit, all for about $5-7 each. Cocktail-wise, I recommend any of their mules. Some reviews say that the items are overpriced, but I think that given the location downtown and the fact that we had drinks, we felt that our $60 bill was pretty reasonable.

Overall, this was nothing to write home about -- but I'd definitely recommend it if your'e traveling in a group or with a family and everyone wants something different. Here, you can get a burger, a salad, and a pizza for any taste...carnivore, herbivore, adventurous, etc. Your kid can lose it if they feel like it and I don't think anyone would mind too much.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Fun atmosphere in a neat neighborhood. This place was recommended by a local and we weren't disappointed. Good burgers and pizza. I had the Brie and berry jam burger and it was delicious.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came here for lunch after walking all over the area. Our waitress was really nice and had some long interesting conversations with us about where we were from and where she was from. Food was so good!!!! It was exactly what we needed.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

It wasn't particularly busy (on a Monday night), but it took a long time between getting seated and getting drink orders, and then again until they came to get food orders, and then again until they came with the check (I think somebody may have went and hunted down the waitress to get things going).

As always, very nice, friendly staff and good food. Just pokey. Maybe they were understaffed that night.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

One: smell of marijuana in restaurant while eating with my child.

Two: overcharged for drinks and pointed it out to waitstaff. We had to show the price on the menu because waitstaff argued that the bill was correct.

Three: only diners in restaurant and waitstaff went missing.

Four: burger/gyro/salad poor taste and value.

Been to Wazee Supper Club? Share your experiences!