“Hmmmm disappointed very disappointed ”
Review of Public School 303

Public School 303
Ranked #493 of 3,256 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Not sure how this has a rating of 4.5 people must have low standards, like ridiculously low. Went here for recess and I was super excited. We had cauliflower (which is just deep fried cauliflower) no clue why people like it. We had the tots they were better but still not amazing and the calamari, which best thing there was the ginger aioli. On to dinner. We had the Thai shrimp salad. Very bland nothing exciting there. The steak salad; the steak was yummy the salad was less than mediocre. Cheap lettuce with not much flavor. Not sure what kind of blue cheese they use but couldn't taste that at all. Last we had the CCB with the poblano slaw. The chicken patty was weird almost processed. The top of the bun was fresh the bottom was rock hard and stale( my fork couldn't even penetrate the darn thing). Like the rest of our choices it was below mediocre in quality and flavor. Now for this and 3 drinks our bill was 90$. For that I would expect good food. Because we had such a selection of food that was bad, I will never return and I will not suggest it to anyone. I wouldn't even return for happy hour. Oh and our wait staff wasn't very helpful or friendly...kinda like that mean teacher that hates her job. My opinion go somewhere else.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Every once in a while I found in my business travels a place that has amazing food, but then you're left with a tainted experience due to bad or poor service. That was the case with Public School 303. I recently visited this restaurant and I was delighted with some of their food choices, unfortunately the waitress wouldn't take drink order from everyone at our table, messed up some of our orders, didn't come around at all to check on drinks,etc. However, the kitchen seems to know what they are doing, because the flavors were amazing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was excellent the decor was awesome. Globes in the windows microscopes on the shelves. Everywhere you look lots to see without being overdone. The food was delicious. Nothing like a school lunch which actually be a genius touch. School food with a modern touch abs well done. Which I guess is a bit of an oxymoron but I digress. The food was good we will definitely be back on our next trip. Not super kid freiemdly and we had two kids with us but it is downtown so I’m guessing that isn’t their main clientele. Get the crispy buffalo cauliflower it’s too die for

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Best Buffalo Burger I’ve ever had. Excellent Fries. Sensational wings. Service always a tad slow but food really is quite above par

Reviewed March 17, 2018

This place is really good...I'd be ok to be in detention here. There is a nice selection of beers and some delicious looking cocktails. We got some wings and the buffalo cauliflower...both excellent. The cauliflower comes with blue cheese dressing (nice and chunky) and a nice, spicy buffalo sauce for dipping. The wings came with the dipping sauce as well. The were quite tasty.
The service was good and quick, and the wait staff were attentive and friendly. Pretty much all of the food was fresh and very tasty. The atmosphere is fun and alive. This would be a great get together place, meet up, or just a place to chill, have a beer or drink and a nice bite to eat. We're looking forward to our next visit.