“One great sandwich. (And brownie)”

Salvaggio's Italian Deli
Ranked #214 of 608 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Deli, Italian
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Salvaggio's is the real deal. Boars head meats, fresh veggies, fresh bread. It's just all around great.
If you miss the brownie while your here then you're really missing out. Go run a few extra miles if your feeling guilty. It's Boulder, right?

Reviewed 1 April 2016

No one liner from me—this restaurant requires an explanation.
After a conference session, I walked outside to look for a nearby restaurant. I spied two deli restaurants within walking distance. The closer one, however, is experiencing “labor relations” difficulties at least according to a large sign outside the entrance as well as a (I assume) restaurant employee or two stationed there. The other, Salvaggio’s Deli, is a short block away. I decided to head for it not wanting to enter a restaurant with disgruntled workers on the sidewalk. As I approached Salvaggio’s, the sign Boars Head Meats was all I needed. I only wish, however, I would have read the website because I didn’t realize the size of the sandwiches. Each is either a roll (the size of four hamburger buns and baked by the deil) or a sub. I ordered a tuna salad roll with mustard, pickles, and tomato as well as a beef bologna roll with mustard, pickle, and tomato. I purchased a side of slaw. The setup is similar to a Subway, but that is the only comparison. The personable employees are skilled at assembling and wrapping the sandwiches and handing them to the cashier, who is friendly in a sincere way. The bologna has a taste that only Boars Head meats have—delicious. The tuna salad captured by taste buds with the tuna marrying well with the mustard, pickles, and tomato, and the distinct flavor of the oversized roll. I do not enjoy a mayo-heavy tuna, and this wasn’t. It is tasty all the way. I am not educated about spices, so I cannot share why the slaw was so appealing. It also was not drenched in a mayo concoction but with an oil (or so it seemed) base. It is displayed at the end of the line along with potato salad and bottled drinks. What a great find—freshly baked bread, quality meats, and an affordable price!

Reviewed 31 December 2015

They have multiple locations, one on pearl Street Mall, the better one is closer to the University campus. Fresh meats, and loaded with calories.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Pick up a menu and take some time deciding as the choices are many: hot, cold 6",12"subs, rolls, which sauces, which cheeses, which vegies. There are also salads,speciality items and soup. They also serve breakfast sandwiches and have an extensive catering menu.
There are at least 2 other locations, but this is the mother store. And feels most like an old time deli.

1  Thank Miriahm D
Reviewed 1 July 2015

This is a MUST see place in Boulder. The hot pastrami sandwich on their freshly baked bread is simply to-die-for.

1  Thank WizardofSarasota

Been to Salvaggio's Italian Deli? Share your experiences!