“Anniversary dinner”
Review of Greenbriar Inn

Greenbriar Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Greenbriar Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 614 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$21 - US$42
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 36 & Lefthand Canyon
Description: Opened in 1967, The Greenbriar Inn is an elegant restaurant, tavern and private event space located in the north Boulder countryside and nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. The surrounding 20 acres features two ponds, striking woodland and thriving produce, herb, and flower gardens. The cuisine focuses on seasonal, American classics and is complimented by a 900 label award-winning wine cellar.
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Two couples and a grand daughter celebrated wedding anniversaries. The meal and event were both delightful. Service was very good. All the meals were presented nicely and were very good, except could have had less salt used. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 22 May 2017

A historic landmark since the 1800's, the Greenbriar Inn provides the perfect setting for the perfect meal coupled with excellent service and exceptional cuisine accompanied by a truly outstanding wine selection.

Worthy of special note both for taste and creativity is the Foie Gras Croccantino; although all dishes that our party indulged in were noteworthy.... And don't forget to leave room for the Valrhona Chocolate Peanut Butter Tower dessert.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Dalecorp
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I left 18 inches of new snow in Boston, traveled to Lyons the next day and ate a beautiful brunch on the patio with trees budding and daffodils blooming. Truly, good for the soul! $45 for a champagne brunch is a bit much, but we enjoyed every moment of our experience. The food was very well prepared and presented, with no compromise to quality with having food out as a buffet. Our service was excellent and the company even better. Thank you for making our first day of spring memorable. I'll be back on my next trip west!

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Went there to celebrate our anniversary and couldn't have been more pleased! Very nice location outside of town in a romantic setting. Husband had the lamb, which he said was the best he has ever had. I had the beef wellington, which was to die for! Oysters also were delicious. Service could not have been better. We hadn't been here in six years, but we will be back next month.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

When my wife and I go out to dinner at upscale restaurants, we like to have meals that we would not at home. This was especially true recently when I took my wife to The Greenbriar Inn for her birthday. And, we certainly did get something that we would not have at home – fat, lots and lots of fat. For her main course my wife ordered the Grilled Sirloin of Lamb which arrived with very little lamb and what it did have was more than 50% fat. This is no exaggeration. At least the lamb meat that was there was chewable unlike the duck, which too was more than 50% fat (I’m talking the barely cooked kind, not a confit) and what was not fat barely yielded to knife, much less my teeth. The flavor of the duck aided by the blood orange confit was okay, but not exceptional. The lamb was better, but, as stated, portions were small. In fact, I had to ask what the white smear on my wife’s plank plate was. It turned out to be the cauliflower puree, which could have been mashed potatoes, turnips or some other nondescript, mashed white vegetable matter. We also shared the Caesar Salad, which was good, but the portions had been reduced from previous times. On the bright side, service was good, not great, and the ambiance was what we have come to love about The Greenbriar Inn. Noteworthy is the fact that we went on a Friday evening and there were very few patrons.
I want the reader to understand that my wife and I are not generally hypercritical people and that we had eaten at The Greenbriar in November and December, 2016, both of which experiences were great with excellent food and service. However, this last experience in March, 2017, was mediocre at best. I hope that if our experience was a factor of a management decision to reduce cost, that management wakes up to focusing upon quality of the dining experience and not just how to reduce cost. Focusing just upon the bottom-line is myopic. Otherwise, they will be out of business in the near future.

2  Thank Dennis F