“Best business lunch in Boulder”
Review of Boulder Cork

Boulder Cork
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulder Cork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 614 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Iris
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I love this place for lunch. I’m always surprised and delighted by the menu, specials, attention to detail and overall vibe. It’s quiet, upscale and the food is great!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Ended up sharing the restaurant with quite a few kids celebrating their Prom Night, which was fun to watch. The staff is well trained and the menu has a nice variety. The specials presented a nice selection of steak and seafood choices. We thoroughly enjoyed our food. Next time we will bring friend along so that we can order a variety of plates. This is the type of restaurant where you share some of your plate with your companions as it is difficult to narrow down to just one dish.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

The food here is mostly meat and it is well prepared. However, the drinks are overpriced. I would recommend the burger in particular, especially the free range. My wife had the trout which she said was only fair. Others in our group were satisfied but not raving about the prime rib. For the prices, the food does not meet expectations.
The service was very good given how crowded the restaurant was.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Corn1789
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The dinner at the well established Boulder Cork was excellent but pricey. The prime rib sandwich, prime rib, filet mignon with lobster were excellent and noteworthy. The service was very good. Recommend but pricey.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I've lived in Boulder since 2004 and have only been to the Cork three times.
The food is excellent -- filet mignon last night (04/22/2018) was beautifully tender and absolutely perfectly done -- but I was surprised at what I would consider some serious lapses:

First of all, for a restaurant that charged $40 for that filet, all sides were a la carte: want mashed potatoes or a vegetable? $8 to $10 additional.

Second, the so-called Caesar salad was basically a shredded Romaine salad, dressed with olive oil, and topped with shredded -- not grated, nor tossed into the salad -- cheese. I can't call it Parmesan or Pecorino since it had almost no taste. The waitress brought the salad, and had to then leave to find the peppermill. I finally began to eat the salad after waiting quite a while for the peppermill to arrive. My question here is why was the pepper not brought with the salad?

Third, the bread basket had the distinct quality of having been warmed and previously served to another table: the bread was crumbly, and seemed stale. The second basket was somewhat better, but not the quality I would expect for a restaurant of this caliber.
The ramekin of butter was ice-cold and attempting to spread the butter on the bread basically reduced the bread to large crumbs.

Fourth, service was truly slow.

Fifth, and here is where I find myself debating whether to return again, I was charged above the menu price for a straight up -- no ice -- Dewars whisky, an upcharge I discovered only when reviewing the bill.

The menu price for a Dewars was $7.75, but when we got the bill, I discovered I had been charged an extra $1.00 or $1.50. When I inquired, the waitress informed me that since I had not ordered my Scotch on the rocks, I was charged extra. What? Incredulous, I pressed the point and the waitress finally explained that in fact, ordering a drink without ice actually gives me an extra 1/2 oz of alcohol. I have NEVER been charged extra -- nor served extra -- for a drink w/o ice.

More irritating, as I told the manager, I was not informed of that when I ordered the drink, nor upon my second order of the same drink. To add insult to this absurdity, the manager had quickly offered to remove the charges for the two Scotches, but when the bill was again presented, only one Scotch was deleted. I paid and we left.

Not sure if I will return again. The food was excellent but this hidden charge really put me off.

1  Thank Zigy K

Been to Boulder Cork? Share your experiences!