“It's good, but tend to be left with an "I wish..."”

The Mediterranean Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mediterranean Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 600 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: French, Greek, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 9th St. and 11th St.
Reviewed 15 May 2018

This place is packed, so reservations are wise. It's noisy, so if you can't hear well in crowds, get a smaller table, or prepare to shout. I've been here a few times, and each time is good, yet each time has a "gee, I wish...". This is not a $4 taco place that exists elsewhere in Boulder, but busy and the staff works hard. The tapas dishes are good for samplings, and if you like beets, which I've come to appreciate, the beet appetizer was delicious. My halibut at $32 for lunch was seared right, but overcooked as it was not moist, and was bland to the taste, so that's an "I wish." Other people loved their entrees, including the pizza and other choices. So it's back to the - yes, we had a good time. We had good food, the servers are excellent, but.. for the price we're paying, I'm again left with something that comes up just a skinch short of hitting the mark.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Dine with my granddaughters graduation group here. The food was excellent and the service was superb. The waitress had no problem in breaking up the bill for us and she gave excellent recommendations when asked and were just all around wonderful.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

There's a lot of great happy hours in Boulder! So why here? Well, I go to happy hour for the food more than the drinks. For cheap drinks there are better places than this - but those places don't have this kind of great food.
The appetizers here are inexpensive on happy hour and the assortment is amazing. Check off what you desire from the two page list of offerings...
Great service here too with a well trained staff that is ready to help you have a great experience. No wonder this place is so busy on a regular basis!
Give it a shot and don't forget to ask for the bread basket too. The bakery is right behind this location and the olive bread rocks!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We have enjoyed visiting here several times. The food has been great. The only caution is to ask about the dishes before you order. Some of the recipes are quite a bit different than what you would expect.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Dined here with family and friends. Easy to get a table and the restaurant was very accommodating for members in our party that had special dietary and mobility needs. Location is very near the St. Julien so we could easily walk or wheel. Food was delicious and the menu accommodates vegetarian needs.