“Loved outside seating”
Review of SALT - The Bistro

SALT - The Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
SALT - The Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 598 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Overall, a very good experience. I got a simple hamburger and my father got a pulled pork sandwich. The service was a little slow but understandable since they were quite busy. The food was pretty good and I really enjoyed the outside seating. When traveling to such a beautiful state, it's nice to take in as much as you can.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Before hitting the flat irons for a short hike in boulder, we stopped here to have lunch on Pearl Street. A lot of other places were full, but we decided to have lunch here instead because of the menu. I had the blue tortilla tacos with braised beef, they were great. They have outdoor dining along both Pearl and intersecting street. Service was great as well, highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I loved the vibe and the food. They have a full menu with speciality drinks, apps, entree and dessert. We had the Brussel sprout app and two for he specials. One of the steak and the other the most delicious scallops.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We have been here a few times before over the years and always love the food. On this visit, I got the Vegetable Tasting - a tasty assortment of vegetables - spaghetti squash, asparagus, kale and beet salad, chard, butternut & delicata squash cannelloni, and quinoa fritters. All so good. I added a side of crispy polenta, which turned out to be a good decision because the two small quinoa fritters in the entree were not enough starch/carbs. We like to eat healthy and this restaurant fits the bill perfectly. Our server was excellent. We sat outside on a beautiful day. An all around good experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a farm to table concept with creative and tasty menu items. We went during the lunch hour and were at first disappointed in such a small menu selection. However, our disappointment didn’t last long as the our chosen dishes were very good! I had the salmon salad and my partner had the burger. We both really enjoyed our dishes! The fries that came wit the burger were especially tasty!

Despite our tasty food, we were disappointed in the service. The hostess was abrupt with greeting and seating us. Once seated we waited quite a while for service and even over heard a conversation between employees about who was going to serve us. Our waitress was friendly, but we got a sense that something was up. Not sure what was going but there were some uncomfortable moments during our visit.

We would probably go again, but I think maybe for supper instead and we’ll wait a bit as well. After all, there are so many different choices on Pearl St.!

ManagerBHR, General Manager at SALT - The Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Ashley C-
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am definitely going to use this review as a teaching tool for all of our service staff. Certainly, our guests should not be hearing us converse about them, or discussing how we will approach our service. Service staff is often in flux, with servers finishing their shifts and others starting. But part of the magic of going out to dinner is to (Hopefully) not ever be aware that these things are even happening. A surly host and not fully attentive staff is not the hospitality we are striving for at Salt.
Please email me at Rick@saltthebistro.com , and I would love to get your contact info so I can send you a GC and have you back so that you can have the opportunity to match our service with our amazing food!
Rick