“The Yellow House”
Review of The Yellow House

The Yellow House
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Loved the seafood chowder, but the biscuit was pretty small! They serve all of their food ready to take out - really great if you want to picnic! Not a lot of choices for beverages, but we were there at the end of their season. I recommend it!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Might go back, maybe. Food was average, If you like plastic knives and forks, manufactured fibre dishes then you will like this. Nice, attentive staff.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We initially were thinking of going to the Blue Mussel Cafe up the street from The Yellow House but the line up was so long and we'd eaten there the year before.... It was good but not as excellent as many maintain. So we dropped into The Yellow House instead. Very small, unasuming, friendly cooks working right there... Its a take out place too. Only a pop selection available that we could see and a very small chalkboard type menu. Turned out to be IDEAL! Excellent simple generous portions in our haddock burgers. No fries, but you get chips. I wasn't crazy about the tiny paper plate it came on, made it hard to pick up and I was afraid I would spill some out onto the table... But it was fresh, delicious, the cooks were chatty and friendly. We ate inside at one of the four tables but there was a lovely garden with picnic benches out back with umbrellas and that would have been nice to eat there too as it was a nice sunny day. Now The Yellow House will be our number 1 destination in North Rustico, instead of the Blue Mussel. We loved the fair prices and honest simple fare.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We had the beef burger and haddock burger. Both were delicious with some unique ingredients and tastes. The location was cute, as well.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Met friends here last night for dinner and had a great experience!

I ordered the lobster roll which had a different kind of sauce. The owner let me taste the sauce before ordering which was very thoughtful.

It was a fantastic sandwich with incredible bread! The lobster melted in my mouth as it should, and there was plenty!

My friends also loved their meals, one had a fish sandwich wrapped in phyllo which looked incredibly tasty!

We sat at the gazebo outside in the neighboring park since I had my dog with me. Owner was kind enough to bring out food out to us which was certainly above and beyond!