All reviews easy freeway access priced hotel hotel stay oceanside cons pros
Reviewed 31 July 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Michael P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Reviewed 31 July 2018

This 5* rating is for their customer service, I didn't actually stay here. I reserve rooms for our employees based on their work location. This is our first time with La Quinta Vista, I called and reserved three rooms for Mon-Fri. Imagine my surprise when I was called by our project manager at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday stating that one of our guys had no room for Tuesday night, he asked if I was aware of that at the time I placed the reservation. I said no and that I would call the front desk right away. Of course, there is always more to the story. When I spoke to Eva, she explained to me that our employee for the one room was a no show for Monday night with no phone call so they cancelled the remainder of his reservations - I completely understood the reason he didn't have a room for Tuesday at that point - the problem was that they were completely booked up and had no extra rooms for me to get him into one. I then asked about reserving him a room for Weds/Thurs and that wasn't a problem. I asked if we were paying for the no show night and she said yes, which again I completely understood, that's what most hotels do - it's a room they could have sold otherwise. However, this is where the customer service comes in, she right away volunteered to credit Monday night's stay, which I hadn't even asked her to do. Considering I had had a horrendous time in southern San Diego the prior week with another HUGE/CHEAP chain that has a number attached to the name, I was extremely appreciative of her taking the initiative to cancel the charges when she had every right to charge us for that night. The other chain, I had called at 10:00 a.m. Thursday to cancel three rooms for that night because our crew was working up north and would not be driving 55 miles south for the room, they refused to refund us unless I drove down there to sign the credit card for the credit on the room - ridiculous! They have no problem taking my verbal reservation for three rooms for four nights but for a credit I have to physically drive down there. Fortunately, corporate took care of it. When we have an out of town crew working again in northern San Diego County, we will definitely be staying with La Quinta Vista again! Thank you Eva!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Exterior: 3 stories with room doors on outside of building. Badly needs painting. Elevators outside at end of Bld. Interior Of Elevator Very Dirty!
Parking: I could get a parking space 1 of 3 nights, because hotel allowed semi’s, Trucks, u-haul trucks w/trailers take up 6-9 space s each. Neighboring IHOP allowed me to use their lot 2 nights. Arrive super early!!
Interior: 1950’s style room. No Frig or Micro. Room appeared clean & orderly (Points for maid!).
Cold breakfast W/little choice. Had a nice cool breeze on a hot evening! Hard to see hotel sign.
Price was reasonable for time of year. I would stay again, since I know the ropes...

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I found the tub and shower in need of a upgrade. the water needs to be on a mixer valve. if you are not careful you can be burned.. They need to be brought into the 20th cenuty . my tub drips even with valves closed .

Room Tip: plumbing up grade in tub.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I actually really enjoyed my stay at the Vista La Quinta. I've been to several of the other La Quinta's in the San Diego area for travel - I like La Quinta because they are great with my dog when I stay with them. The room is neat and clean, it was a super easy walk from the car to the room, so easy to move the dog and luggage quickly. They were helpful and flexible when I got back to the hotel late for check out. Their pool is lovely and clean and super refreshing on a hot day. So over all, it is a La Quinta, but I would definitely stay at this one again even though it is not always the most convenient location. In fact, another trip coming up soon!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo