“Best BBQ ever”

Buckhorn Bbq
Ranked #6 of 210 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

The three of us ate dinner here late Tuesday nite.

I had the tri tip sandwich with caramelized onions - very moist and smoky.

My daughter had the caesar pleaser. - very good, the cornbread had corn in it.

My son in law had 2 meat feast with ribs and tri tip, mac and cheese and Cole slaw.
Very generous portion of ribs

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Love, love, love, this place. Took my daughter and grandson here for lunch and she loved it. We enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich, the Caeser pleaser, and the chicken strips. The food and service are always great. They do a great job. It can get very busy and on occasion hard to find seating. We sat outside. Even though they had the outdoor heaters on, when the wind kicks up it can be cool. They need a wind block outside for the winter months. If you haven't tried buckhorn and you like bbq, give them a try.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Stopped for lunch in Vacaville, and started driving by places to eat. I observed a number of people entering this restaurant and went it. Smelled good right away. Order first, then sit down. Was only slightly hungry, so inquired of cashier that I wanted some BBQ chicken and sweet potato fries, and a drink. He was helpful to point out the best choice on the menu. The food was delivered to the table, and it was excellent, both the chicken which was moist and the fries which were slightly crispy, not soft like other places.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

First time here, and will not return. We arrived once they opened, and sat at a table which had not been cleaned. How can that happen? My wife ordered the bbq chicken, which looked great, but was mushy with little flavor. Her mashed potatoes and gravy was pretty good though. I had the tri-tip, which was very good...however my caesar salad was a waste...no dressing and very dry. Again, pretty average meal...also we ordered water for the 2 of us, and the clerk charged us for a coke order...that was weak.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Enjoyed the Burnt Ends at the bar. Ordered the Tri-tip sandwich. The sandwich was big and hearty. Could feed two people. I only wish they served a beef brisket! They are known for their Tri-tip and they do it well. You'll love the atmosphere. Be ready to wait during weekend lunch, Friday and Saturday dinner. It moves fast though. They have happy hour and drink special so call ahead to see. Please tip the staff well as they hustle to serve you.

Been to Buckhorn Bbq? Share your experiences!