Redac Gateway Hotel
US$135
Courtyard
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

US$265
US$189
Residence Inn
US$140
US$110
Courtyard
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$157
US$239
US$149
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

All reviewsmiso soupbreakfast buffetfree shuttlefront deskwould definitely stay here againbed was comfortablerooms are cleanjapanese foodhome away from homeredondo beachbidettoilettvgymhollywoodtoyota
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights there. We choose the hotel driven by the good comments here. The hotel is japanese oriented, perfect for us that were traveling in our way to Tokyo. Eventhough we arrived early in the morning, our idea was to leave our bags and make check in at the evening but our room was already available and we made and early check in without issues. The breakfast was much better than i expected and the service in general was great. The only thing i did not like was that the hotel had a shuttle service from and to LAX but only available to corporate clients, even when the shuttle is only carrying one or two persons as happened in our case, we had to take an uber and paid 25 usd that could had been saved if we were able to use the shuttle

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
RGH20801, Admin Assit at Redac Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Jonathan

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I got a great deal for $80 inc tax. Rare find at that rate. One could pay 50% more and I would call it a value.

Check in/out and purchasing snacks at front desk was friendly and helpful.

Rooms are a bit aged but clean and very large. Bathroom has Japanese heated toilet seat with standard features. Microwave and small fridge. A/C was fairly quiet but still helped to drown out road noise. Bathroom fans are noisy but they only run when you turn on bathroom lights. TV with some cable stations.

Convenient location. Near old downtown Torrance and Japanese stores. Traveling to/from LAX was 20-25 minutes on a weekend.

Certainly would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
RGH20801, other at Redac Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Myinhilo. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re traveling to our area gain soon, don’t hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The neighborhood is quiet, free parking is very good for us. Everything is fine, except when you stay at 2nd floor, you can easily here the steps from 3 rd guests when they move. Me and my family were ok when we get sleep, but if you need very quiet sleep, you will have problems. ( suggest to stay the highest level-3rd floor. Then you might free worry from the noise. ) breakfast is 12.$@ without tax yet. Too expensive.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
RGH20801, Admin Assist at Redac Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and choosing our hotel. We do apologize about the noise.Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Didn't even know where Torrance was but thought it would be a good central location to stay as we are planning to visit Disneyland, Downtown LA (Hollywood), and Long beach and didn't want to move hotel each night. Definitely need a car but those places are short 15-30 minutes on the freeway depending on traffic.

I guess this hotel tailor to Japanese client, likely because Toyota headquarter is nearby (though just saw the news they are moving to Texas). Hence the breakfast buffet was mainly Japanese style. You will love it if you like having Japanese curry rice and miso soup for breakfast, and Japanese seaweed salad. They do have sausages and eggs though, but why have that when you can cook that at home everyday.

Place itself is clean but does seem a bit outdated. However, everything having a Japanese toilet in the bathroom is a rare sight in the USA. If you've been to Japan you know what Toilet I am talking about. If you don't you are in for a good surprise.

Stay here if you are planning to visit multiple area of LA and don't wanna move hotel. Otherwise its a bit of a drive to each places.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 19 December 2017

I stayed there a little over a week ago. There was a weird smell throughout the hotel lobbies and it was worse in my room. There was a nasty hair in the shower and the room was bare. There was stuff left over from the person that stayed in my room before me which I find unsettling. Said there was room service - no room service. The power went out while I was there. Then I get the bill and have mysterious charges. They did not go over any charges with me and just snuck them on there. Found out it was a smoking fee and a room charge fee. I never charged anything to the room -couldn't as they don't have room service. And the whole building smells. There was reminisce of the previous guest in my room. And now I'm getting billed for their issues. Will not return.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank travelingbrunett2017
RGH20801, Public Relations Manager at Redac Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear travelingbrunett2017

Thank you for staying at Redac Gateway Hotel.
We apologize for your experience.
I have shared it with general manager.

We look forward to see you again.

Redac Gateway Hotel