Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay
Agoda.com
US$89
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoff rampstarbucks coffeeroom overlooking the poolphysical conditionroom was cleanquick weekendstub hubconveniently located righthear the tvfree parkingclose to the airportguest laundrylobby areastaff was very friendly and helpfulbusiness parknice propertycounter space
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here on business trip and really liked this hotel. Everything feels brand new and the staff were terrific. The breakfast in the morning was awesome and not the usual microwave, danish stuff. They serve real food cooked to order. Parking lot is a little tight but given real estate in LA, it is not their fault. Made it to and from LAX in 15 minutes so the location was pretty convenient too.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2018

Nice place to stay, but nothing really special about it. The location is pretty convenient to the highway, without the noise. Hotel was clean, with comfortable rooms, at a reasonable (for the area) price. Late opening of the coffee concession was strange. I noticed that the elevator inspection had expired 7 months prior, so I'm not sure what was going on, but I mentioned it to the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike L
CYTORRANCE, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Dear Mike L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your comments about the location of our hotel, and how you were not affected by any noise from the freeway. I've stayed here myself and must agree with you! Since you last spoke with us, our elevator has since then been updated with the most recent inspection. Thank you for pointing that out to us!

Mike, I look forward to meeting you in person the next time your travel plans bring you to the Torrance area. Stop by the front desk if you have time and we can sit down and chat over coffee.

Jonathan Bonilla
Events Specialist
Torrance South Bay Courtyard

Reviewed February 24, 2018

Hotel was pretty standard Marriott. Room was clean, hotel has been remodeled so it is nice and modern. Lobby area was nice. The bar area had a restaurant where I tried the quesadillas which were excellent. The room had a king sized bed but felt small. However, the bed was very comfortable. I felt the hotel was a bit out of the way for me... but that was just my impression.. others may vary.

Room Tip: make sure you know how far back your room is... I parked around front but my room was in the back... I learned that lesson quickly.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank hoosier63
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

I was actually very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The cleanliness, the modern decor, the spaciousness and I was super surprised they had starbucks in the loby......unfortunately ended up being a tease.

I went downstairs the first morning with happy anticipation for my Starbucks coffee. I was hugely disappointed they didn't open until 7am. Only black coffee available. How are they accommodating business guests that need to leave before 7 am?
Again, tried to get a beverage after laying at the pool for a while, they were closed again. At 2pm. What?!! Finding out their operating hours are 7am-2pm. They reopen in the evening. I was not able to even enjoy anything from them with those hours.
Thankfully they have a Starbucks a very short distance down the road and the employees there were fantastic, friendly and accommodating.

The loby area is very large and open. It starts with the cafe seating: booths along the wall and tables with chairs in the center as well as counter height seating at an island with outlets (bonus).
They have a small business area with desk space, a printer and charging station next to the check in area also.

There are two other different seating areas in the lobby, both with tv's and oversized, spacious seating. One has reclining modern lounge style chairs, the other a sectional couch and chairs.

The room was clean, just the right amount of space. It had a huge, oversized, large circular chair/lounger that could seat two in the corner, a wardrobe and 3 drawer dresser, and desk space. The area before the bathroom had the sink on the right and another great counter space adjacent with the fridge, no microwave, small coffee maker, ice bucket and cups. This space was very much appreciated as I don't travel light and it was great for all my toiletries.

The bathroom was spacious and clean. There was a single towel bar over the toilet. The shower could have used a small corner to put things on or a seat, but that's all that was lacking.

I would suggest staying on a higher floor, the walls were a little thin, not noisy, but while I was trying to sleep, I could hear the murmur of the neighbors tv.

There was a very small balcony with two chairs with a view of the pool. It is nice to be able to have the option to enjoy sitting outside.

I would definitely recommend them again. It was a great stay, sans the Starbucks being a waste with their terrible hours.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2018

We got a great rate directly from the hotel, which included a lovely breakfast in the guest lounge off the lobby. Breakfast, small meals, snacks and Starbucks coffee, etc, can also be purchased there.The decor there and in our room was attractive and comfortable. We requested a quiet room, and this is what we got, looking out over the pool. No noise, despite being right beside the freeway. Having a guest laundry was great, and there was lots of parking. There is a small "convenience store" beside reception that has most things a traveller may need. We booked in for a second night, but at check out we had a misunderstanding about the rate. No problem; the desk clerk matched the rate of our first night. Great customer service!

Room Tip: Ask if any quiet rooms are available before you commit, if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple