“Our best dinner in the Tahoe area”
Review of Wolfdale's

Wolfdale's
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfdale's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Tahoe City
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grove St.
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Found this place on our way home from hiking so glad we stopped and was able to get a table for 2.
Chef's wife at the front chef /owner in kitchen who has been cooking for 30 years
So much history of the place and the chef, family , Japanese sojourn from many many years ago etc
They have these specially made plates by a potter each unique.
Above all the food is amazing. we had tempura oyster(to die for, light batter), my husband had the lobster surf and turf (again nicely done)
I highly recommend

Reviewed 17 April 2018

What a wonderful time my wife and I had eating at Wolfdales. We both had a seafood dish with several kinds of seafood. The shrimp were large and perfect tasting. Scallops melted in my mouth. Everything in the dish was perfectly cooked. The best meal I had in a long time. The place was very crowded so others feel the same way.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

My son and I stopped in for dinner while on a ski trip to Squaw Valley. What a nice spot. After two days of clouds and rain, the sun finally made an appearance and we had a lovely view out to Lake Tahoe from our table. Being a weekday evening, the restaurant was relatively quiet, although a couple of larger groups came in before we finished our meals. Service was excellent throughout our meal, and our waiter was friendly to our touristy questions about the lake and the area.

Our food was excellent. My son had the filet burger and I had the scallops. We also tried their chicken dumplings and my son had some oysters. They have an extensive wine list and also several good ports and single malt scotches available.

Yes, as others have noted, this is probably the most expensive restaurant in Tahoe City, but, in comparison to other $$$$ restaurants in more urban cities, Wolfdale's is certainly on that level.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Arrive before 6PM and sit in bar area - order their wine, well previewed always smooth. Best appetizers are Poke and Spoons, love the scallops as well! Salads are fabulous but if hungry I suggest the seafood chowder a Asian/American light fare with lemon grass - fabulous. For dessert the flourless chocolate ganishe is sensational and their apple pie is lovely. I love this place - occasionally I’ll order their burger and get the truffle fries - so delicious! I’ve experimented with their custom creative drinks and I’ve never been disappointed!
I love Wolfdales!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We celebrated a late Valentine's Day here and really enjoyed most of the food. We sat at the bar to take advantage of the awesome happy hour. Loved the poke cones, salmon spoons, duck, and dumplings. Oysters were incredible (not on happy hour). The oysters on the sashimi plate were also good, but the Hamachi and tuna were very fishy so pretty disappointed there. We also didn't like the fries. The flavor was good, but they were hard. Not crunchy, but hard. The Caesar was good, but the seafood chowder was bland. Husband is pretty picky about chowders since he grew up on the East coast.

BP, the bar tender, was great! He suggested the order that would be best to get our food and that seemed to work great! We will definitely be back.

1  Thank captain_tahoe_steve