“Back for more sweetness”
Review of Cookies & Cream

Cookies & Cream
Ranked #5 of 11 Dessert in South Pasadena
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I love stopping by these family run homemade ice cream shops that are popping up all over LA County. Even on a chilly night people were stopping in here to get a scoop of sweetness. On this visit I opted for the malt brownie and mint brownie flavors which were both delicious. I don't buy big corporate market ice cream anymore.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

This family owned business has friendly staff and great interior decorations. I ordered a lavender and almond with sugar and lemon cookie sandwich which came out to $4.95 for the dessert. The quality is very good and a perfect treat on a summer evening.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

First thing you should know is that I love ice cream. I could eat it every day. Secondly, I am visiting from out of town and I've been heavily relying on Yelp reviews. The idea of Cookies & Cream is fantastic... too bad that the ice cream tastes so boring. I've gone to two other ice cream places in Pasadena and I am pretty sure that the reason why it has so many positive reviews is that the entire city has really plain ice cream. For example, I tried 5 different flavors and was surprise by how many of them did not taste like the description, or anything at all. I finally decided on a Taro Nutella ice cream sandwich squished between the Double Chocolate cookies. The ice cream barely tasted like taro and it barely had Nutella in it. The cookie tasted like sugar with hints of chocolate. I understand why this place is popular with the locals (and I do think it's a great place for kids), but if you come from a city with good ice cream, I would say skip it. Also, they only accept cards if you spend $10 minimum.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Was excited to try this less creamy Ice cream and although it was good, it was really nothing special... nice choice of flavors, and really nice staff..... but not sure that the ice cream is all that.

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

My friend took us here and we all fell in love. The ice cream was fantastic and the cookies were as well. The lady was super nice that helped us!