All reviewsbowl sinkrailroad streetwalking distance to the downtown areanice outdoor pooltrain noisereward pointshotel is locatedbusiness travelnice hotelsonoma valley wineriesrooms are cleancounter spacebathroom areafitness centerquiet at nightwine countrywould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 18 April 2017

This hotel is well located with easy access on and off the highway 101. We arrived late, fatigued from a day of travel, and the reception was welcoming and the room perfect: modern, super clean, appreciated the Paul Mitchell shampoo line. We paid an additional fee in our reservation for breakfast, however, it can be purchased on arrival separately. The hotel is bright, cheerful and a very good price. Two thumbs up, especially for business travel.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear PPlatypus,

It looks like we hit the mark with you - thank you for the kind review shared with your readers. Please visit us again the next time business or pleasure brings you to Santa Rosa.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We have been coming here for years and I think over time I have seen changes that I do not like, but we still come when we can get a decent price. There are other comparable hotels that sometimes have a better deal. The location is very good. They used to have a restaurant, nope it is a "bistro" but it is not bad. No more complimentary coffee except the in-room coffee that has the little creamer packet that won't even change the color of the brew. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. They remodeled and put in a lot of features that are aesthetically pleasing but ergonomically difficult. Like a shower where the door is on the side opposite the controls so you can't adjust the water without getting wet; the bowl sink that takes up too much counter space. But that is all OK. Everything works. They have a small fitness room and a small pool. There is a nice trail by the creek for walking. Staff is generally competent and friendly.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Raroach,

I can't thank you enough for your repeat business. I value your observations and regret some of your needs are being missed. Your comments help us to continuously improve and as we implement more changes in the future, I hope they will be better suited toward your needs.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I tend to stay in expensive places (Fairmont, Biltmore, Kimpton, etc.) or small B & Bs, depending on who I'm traveling with and the reason for travel. This was a weekend meet with an old, dear friend, and as we didn't think we'd be in the hotel much, it seemed like the ideal place. The room was less that $200 with a Triple A discount - although I know it's much higher in the summer. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I found the Courtyard an above average experience. I was surprised to find no valet service, but Samantha at the front desk was only too happy to grab a cart and my bags and get them to the fourth floor. Our room was far from the elevator, and although fronting the street, it didn't seem noisy to us. Yes, you hear the train passing through, but I happen to love the sound of a train, so it wasn't a minus. My friend had brought a bottle of champagne, and the Bistro staff happily donated a couple of champagne flutes for the evening, along with a couple of plates for hors d'ouevres. The next morning I hit the gym, which was immaculate. On leaving I asked to leave my bags for an hour downstairs so I could work in the lobby. No problem! I was also able to check in early and check out late. And when I discovered the Starbucks in the lobby was closed, Samantha rustled up a cup of coffee for me. All in all, I found personnel to be helpful and accommodating, the room clean, the bathroom products more than adequate, with more towels produced on request. No, it's not the Biltmore, but my experience of the customer service was scarcely different, and I will happily stay here again. Well located between Sonoma and Sebastopol, with the Rodota trail right behind the hotel. However, I strongly recommend that walkers or runners drive into Sebastopol, park at Coffee Katz (and enjoy a cup of coffee and a muffin there - one of my favorite places in Sonoma County) and hit the trail from that end. Gorgeous and pristine. I hadn't walked this side of it, and it's quite industrial, with homeless camped all along the road. Or drive over to Spring Lake for another spectacular hike.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room on a higher floor, and got one, away from the elevator. First floor rooms may be quieter - double check that.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Celticsoul,

It sounds like Samantha saved the day - thank you for recognizing her and I will as well. It is reassuring that someone with your travel experience has found good value in our hotel. I do hope you will visit us again as you have friends at the Courtyard Santa Rosa!

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

The Courtyard in SR is pretty standard for the Marriott chain. The front desk was very polite in greeting and checking in was a snap. The hotel lobby has a little cafe for breakfast and also a snack bar for purchase. I did run into difficulties, they gave me a room with no phone operation,tv or AC power. But I went downstairs to get another room and that fixed the problem. I was pretty tired or DL's I would have complained and ask for Marriott reward points. The room was very clean, they did tell me my preference for non down pillows had been fulfilled. The other three Marriott hotels that I stayed didn't even bother. And one was Napa Marriott. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. This hotel is located near downtown so take advantage of its location.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear ThePlumber2015,

We aim to please and appreciate your feedback. I am glad you found our staff and location superior and thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept my apologies for the initial room challenges and the room change. It's great you enjoyed the remainder of your stay. I hope you will return for a trouble free stay soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

When we checked into this hotel, a young lady with long fingernails failed to greet us and sent us to a standard room instead of the larger room we had reserved (and paid for). A young man corrected that error, but put us in a room which was flooded with the noise of heavy street traffic at 5:00 a.m. and incessant train whistles at and after 7:00 a.m. When I told the manager that I was checking out because I did not get a night's sleep, he offered to make an adjustment on our bill. The following day I called several times requesting a copy of the corrected bill. Each time I was told I would receive a return call. I never did. However, eventually what appears to be a correct bill was emailed to me. In the past, Marriott has always been my first choice but I learned at this property that I must be more cautious in the future.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Dear Wonderfulworld,

Thank you for your recent stay and sharing your experience which indeed is not typical of Marriott or our location. I am sorry this chain of events occurred and we left you with a poor impression. An adjustment had been made and I regret we did not properly follow up with you. Your experiences and comments to me had been used for training purposes and I assure you, these were isolated incidents and will not occur in the future. I hope you will consider us again for a trouble free stay.

-Max, GM