“A Renewed interest in the Game!”

Dial Jones Tennis Academy
Ranked #21 of 74 things to do in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dial Jones Tennis Academy (DJTA) Facilities are located in Santa Monica's beautiful west side. Ocean Park located along the shores of Santa Monica Beach, one can feel ocean breezes and relax in a stress-free environment. Reed Park is just blocks from the active Promenade with its boutique shops, movie houses and cafes. DJTA locations also include Chelan and Manson Washington. Dial Jones Tennis Academy offers private lessons to all ages and levels from beginner to tournament level. We also provide Family packages. You and your family can take a lesson together for one flat rate. Our instructors at the Academy are all USPTA & PTR elite certified professionals and truly love what they do. Our pro's will help you take your game to the next level.. and making sure you have a great time doing it!. Dial Jones Tennis Academy offers you more than just classes. We connect you to players and events all over the west side and help you take tennis from being a hobby to part of your lifestyle!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Don't think I've ever run into a instructor that was so gifted in teaching, and so passionate for the game. He's amazingly patient with the young kids (as well as the adults!). With every lesson he's been able to meet me at my level and yet push me to get better. I always have at least one or two "take-aways" from each lesson, so I feel like I'm always progressing, and then looking forward to the next lesson.

Date of experience: February 2016
"lesson"
in 14 reviews
"beach"

Reviewed 20 March 2015

Had my 3rd lesson with Dial this week and going back again in the morning. Very friendly and knowledgeable Dial has been a big help in getting me comfortable hitting topspin forehands and backhands. When at the beach, Dial is your guy for Tennis Tips!

J

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 13 March 2015

We were down in Santa Monica on a girls weekend away and we wanted to play some tennis. I found Dial Jones and he was fantastic. He was great teaching my friends beginner tennis and was fantastic with me - correcting a couple of errors on my back hand. We all learned a lot and had a great time playing with him. He is the real deal and well worth the money.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 18 January 2015 via mobile

Was looking for a little practice and exercise and found Dial Jones in Santa Monica. This guy is the real deal. Great energy, great technique, and he clearly lives to teach. He can vary his lesson from instruction to rallying to cardio seamlessly. When I was done, I felt like I learned a lot, met a wise teacher, and had a lot of fun. The complete package. Can't say enough good things about him.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 January 2015

I decided at the very last minute to find a place to take a tennis lesson or hit with a pro while on vacation near Santa Monica during the holidays. Dial Jones couldn't have been more of a pleasure to work with and set my friend and me up with Diana since he would be away during my stay. I was blown away by the fabulous beach location and amazing courts. And hitting with Diana was the best! Her instruction was targeted and immediately helpful. She was a delight to work with, always positive and encouraging and we had a fun time playing in the unusually cold weather! If you love the game or are trying it out in the LA/Santa Monica don't hesitate to call Dial Jones Tennis.

Date of experience: December 2014