1,373 results
All reviewslanai suitemelrose placebeach cruisersboutique hotelpool areabreakfast buffetfree bikeshome away from homeocean viewrooms are spaciouspalisades parksmall hotelocean avenueliving roomlos angelesfew blocksvalet parking
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Room not properly cleaned - shower gel empty and open from day before left. Breakfast cappuccino terrible sent back twice in leaving then charged for 3 cappuccinos bill on leaving many errors. On arrival just pointed in direction of room. Definitely regret choice of hotel. For all this let off one night parking charge. Would never recommend Hotel could be so good but ruined by bad service.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alex L, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear AANDS2018,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to the standards you expect. Please be assured that this is not the norm - we pride ourselves on friendly, attentive service and aim to make every guest feel that their stay is worth the price. The front desk and valet staffs goal is to walk guests to their rooms, and we should have never charged you for your cappuccinos especially if you were unhappy with the taste. I do send our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I don't write reviews often, but I couldn't refuse...I absolutely love the Oceana!!
Located on the northern end of Ocean ave, the hotel feels quaint and private...yet not too far from all the action (only a 10 minute walk to 3rd street promenade).
The grounds are beautiful: heated pool, good size gym with all the essentials, and a beautiful restaurant/bar with an ocean view. Especially comparing to all the other hotels in Santa Monica, the rooms are HUGE! It feels like a large apartment, with a very comfy bed! They also include Yoga on the beach in the mornings which I wasn't able to join, but I heard it's great. Last but not least: The staff is top notch, very personable and detail oriented. I would highly recommend the Oceana if you're coming to the area- it literally can't get any better!

Room Tip: Definitely treat yourself to a suite, great size for the price.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Alex L, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Sally E6,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, especially such an in-depth and lengthy one at that. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time on the property and were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer. I am happy to hear my staff was able to assist you and gave you great service. You will always have a second home here at the Oceana! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We've stayed at the Oceana twice now when visiting family in the area. It's a very comfortable. The rooms are large and pleasant for just sitting and reading, sleeping, talking. The pool is low key - but very pleasant. This is not a high end luxury experience, but it is really, really comfortable. Staff is very helpful and friendly. The food options are not awesome - but enough for a quick bite. Of course, you are in the middle of Santa Monica with all sorts of other restaurant options a short walk or drive away. It felt like a really nice beach house. Compared to many other hotels in the area, this is our favorite place to stay.

Room Tip: We've stayed in rooms overlooking the pool. They include a little area outside your room for sitting - much like a front porch.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Alex L, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Gunnar Branson,

Thank you for taking the extra time to write us a review. We appreciate and take to heart every recommendation and criticism you may have. I am extremely pleased to hear that my staff treated you well and they gave you great service. It was also great to hear that you enjoyed the pool area. Our courtyard pool at night is definitely one of my favorite parts of the hotel as well. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The Oceana beach club is like many things in LA....pretty on the outside, but scratch the surface and what you find inside is not pretty. The lobby and front desk staff are refreshing, hip, current, approachable, knowledgeable and gorgeous! The rooms, however, are tired, the walls the thinnest I have ever experienced and the bathrooms an obvious afterthought in the renovation. I wanted to love this place! The location is ideal, the lobby decor spot-on, but I would not stay there again. I was not able to sleep due to the noise as a result of the thin walls, the room was only serviced once a day if I requested it. Lastly, the ONLY breakfast option os a $30 uninspiring buffet, and there is NO option to order a la cartel instead.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Carolina Travel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to the standards you expect. We always want our guests to feel that their stay was worth the price. I do hope we can sway your opinion on your next visit to Santa Monica. We will have to invite you back after our renovation, a lot of your review coincides with quite a bit of what we are addressing on the property. Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

They had said we could put a rollaway into a double bed but then reneged on that agreement. They tried to move us to a different room which was very dirty and unacceptable. We advise management and they refused to allow us to cancel our reservation.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Hello KM,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize if you were given misinformation about having a rollway in a double bedroom. We would have loved to provide you with one, but the fire code prevents us from doing so. Although we weren't able to cancel your reservation I do hope we were able to accommodate you in some other way. I would like to thank you for your candor, it is with this we can only get better for our guests.