All reviews front desk ihop restaurant converted motel common room silicon valley levi stadium mini fridge modern decor great pool happy hour holiday inn business trip convention center room was clean and comfortable up to date theme park plenty of parking
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great location for Great America, within walking distance. Next to door to IHOP. There are also a few other food choices within 5 minutes. Staff was very welcoming and attentive. Room was clean and attended to regularly.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
hruiz2017, Front Office Manager at Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear ladae07,

First and foremost please let me thank you for choosing Avatar Hotel during your recent trip, we are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and service provided.

Your review encourage us to keep working hard and to accomplish always our main goal which is the complete satisfaction of all our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Clean, excellent value for the money. Perfect for business traveler. While I agree it is basically a Motel that could use upgrading I nonetheless felt very comfortable in this place. It was clean and well kept and in a convenient location. I would stay here again. I did not experience too much road noise (I was on the 4th floor and it helped), it did not adversely affect my sleeping.

Dear The_travlr,

First and foremost please let me thank you for choosing Avatar Hotel during your recent trip, we are so delighted to hear that everything was up to your expectations and that you enjoyed our facilities and service provided.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Shower cap over smoke detector in room with odor of marijuana in the room. Open marijuana smoking at the pool caused all the families to leave the pool. Hotel is turning a blind eye to this problem. Front desk staff not directing marijuana smokers to the appropriate area and away from families.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Mr. Fox,

Thank you for your comments regarding your former stay with us.

We have reached you out by private message and are in direct communication with you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Considering the nearby Marriott is dated, dusty, has small rooms, confusing layout and paid parking, this is a good option for the savings. The location is great, just 1 mile from a shopping center, restaurants, and Whole Foods. Great America and Levi stadium are also within a couple of miles. The room was clean and had a Keurig, mini fridge and quality toiletries. The rooms are outside facing however, so if that is an issue for you this is not the ideal property. Your key is required to enter the gates at every entrance, so only other guests should be in the common spaces. The pillows were great but my mattress wasn't the best. There is no central AC, you have an in room unit, so you may be bothered by the noise. Wi-Fi is included and the speed was good. I did not use the pool or gym during my stay but the lobby was updated and fresh, the staff were all very friendly and check in/out was a breeze. They have drinks (first one free) each evening and also offer 10% off at the IHOP next door. Considering the outrageous rates at other local hotels, I felt Avatar was a good value for a few days and would recommend if in the area.

1  Thank flennee

Dear flennee,

Please allow me to thank you for choosing us during your recent Trip and I’m really glad to read that you were so satisfied with our Hotel.

We really appreciate your comments and I’m sorry if we were not able to exceed all your expectations.

I do hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future, it will be a pleasure to serve you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Was here for three nights attending a business event nearby and paid $279 per night.

Ripoff.

It's little more than a 70s motel with a fancy front and an IHOP(B) attached.It has a tiny pool, no room service or bar.

The staff were excellent. Especially when I needed documents printed off. I had a decent burrito at a lunch counter 100 yards away.

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool to avoid traffic noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
hruiz2017, Front Office Manager at Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Fulhamish,

First of all allow us to thank you for your review, detailing your experiences from your stay with us, firstly please accept our apologies for the areas that we fell short of expectations.

We are very proud to know that our team of collaborators has managed to make your stay pleasant, to us your comments are very important because thanks to them we improve our service.

Best Regards,