Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fast, easy, reliable and fun!

We rented wetsuits and boogie boards for the whole family -- the experience was fast, friendly, and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Elizabeth D
San Francisco, California
Crushed It!

Thanks to Elias for making my first time surfing an amazing one, getting me up on my first wave to... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Zayah89

All reviews great instructor super patient entire minutes riding waves private lesson fun experience these guys wet suits beautiful beach a lot of fun ally teacher griffin ryan mondos blast piper
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am an ungainly surfer at best and needed a reintroduction after a back injury. Daniel listened and was super conscious of this - gave me a big board and lots of confidence pushing me onto waves with tips to improve my pop up and reduce back arching to protect my back. Really encouraging and pleasant experience. Mondos was the ideal spot.

Date of experience: February 2021
calcoastadventures, Manager at Santa Barbara Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hey, Sophie, Thanks for the awesome review! We are pumped to hear you had a good experience getting back out in the water and catching some waves. We hope to see you out in the water again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Griffin was an awesome instructor, he had me surfing within minutes! Had great tips for improvement and good advice for continuing to surf in the future. Wetsuits were very warm (I could have easily stayed out longer in 58-deg water) and the foam boards were very forgiving and provided a lot of stability.

Date of experience: February 2021

Hey Eric, thanks for the awesome review! We are stoked to hear you had a blast learning to surf with our awesome instructor Griffin. We hope to see you out in the water again!

Reviewed 18 January 2021

I had a great time (trying) to surf with Piper at Mondos beach. He was super approachable and patient with my friend and I and helped us learn the techniques. Overall, I would recommend Santa Barbara Surf School to a friend and might even sign up for another lesson!

Date of experience: January 2021

Thanks for the awesome review! We are stoked to hear you had a blast surfing with Piper. We hope to see you out in the water again!

Reviewed 19 December 2020

I had my best day of surfing (rather, trying to surf) with Elias on Mondos Beach. Elias did a really good job helping me learn techniques on the board and also how to read waves, how sand bars under the water affect where the break and where I should position myself etc.

Date of experience: December 2020

Thanks for the awesome review! We are pumped to hear you had a great time surfing with our awesome instructor Elias. We hope to see you out in the water again!

Reviewed 9 December 2020

We had two days of lessons with two different instructors, which worked out perfectly. We had a group of 4 fist time surfers on the first day. Nick was our instructors. He was patient and wonderful. I was a weak swimmer and he made me felt comfortable and safe to try this new adventure. By the end of first lesson, we all got what we wanted. All of us got to actually surfed (me very shortly). The kids wanted to try again next day and the surf school was so kind to accommodate that. The instructor was Piper! They had a blast with Piper and surfed the whole time! The kids can't say enough about how Piper was with them! Now the kids are hooked on surfing...which gave us the ideas of what to get for X'mas.

Date of experience: November 2020

Wow! thanks for the awesome review! We are stoked to hear you and your family had an awesome experience with our instructors out in the water. There is not a better feeling than standing up on your first wave! We hope to see you out in the water again!