“Good Indian Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lootens Pl
Description: Taj of Marin is a family owned and operated Indian restaurant providing authentic and delicious Indian food at a great price. Our upscale, family-friendly atmosphere is perfect for enjoying the most exquisite Indian cuisine available in the North Bay area. Adorned with traditional Indian artwork and decor, every aspect of Taj of Marin is truly authentic.
Reviewed May 1, 2016

Good Indian Buffet lunch with plenty of vegetarian selection and fresh bake bread. Not too spicy and good services.

Kulbir K, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

I'm so glad the buffet was such a hit for you! It's wonderful the selection and flavors were just what you were looking for, and I hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back for another bite soon!

'Til then,
Kulbir Kaur, Owner

Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

It's a nice small Indian restaurant. Starters are good. Overall nice place to have family meal. Price is reasonable. Ambiance is average. If you want to test Indian food once in month in Marin county then this is the place.

Kulbir K, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2016

Thanks for your review and I'm glad we gave you plenty to love here. We'd love to welcome you back for more delicious food and we hope to wow you even more on your next visit.

Kulbir Kaur, Owner

Reviewed May 20, 2015

Super food, great service, good price. Tremendous number of vegetarian options on buffet. I love the Navrattan Korma and the Malai Kofta. They also have mango ice cream and rice pudding for dessert.

Gurpreet S, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2015

Thanks so much for the super review, Amy -- it sounds like everything hit the spot, and I'm so grateful that you took the time to reach out! Come back and see us again soon -- we'd love to welcome you back.

All the best,
Gurpreet Singh, Owner

Reviewed April 10, 2015

The samosas were very good. It went downhill from there. We had to ask for plates to eat our dinner. Service was extremely slow which we didn't mind because we were enjoying the conversation with friends. The entrees tasted like they had been reheated and reheated again until the ingredients were mush. Definitely not fresh and not much protein in each dish either. Beware of empty restaurants.

Gurpreet S, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2015

This is definitely not what we like to hear, Karen, and I am so sorry this is the impression you were left with. I don't know whether or not you did, but please know -- if you have any comments about the food or service, you are welcomed to talk to any member of staff about it. Excellent food is so important to us, and we're very disappointed to know that this fell flat for you. I really hope you'll give us another shot in the future -- I know that while our samosas are good, so much else can be too.

All the best,
Gurpreet Singh, Owner

Reviewed March 16, 2015 via mobile

Indian food is always been very special to me. I'm a big fan of spices. You can go from a beautiful space on your pallets all the way up to some nice fire from some of the papers that they put in the spices. And when I'm real hungry I love going to touch because they have a massive buffet and it's located in the heart of downtown San Rafael. From starting with the salad to having tandoori to the great array of foods that are offered you can keep going back and changing your palate as you go. I try to have small bites of everything rather than big portions of everything that way I can really taste the range of Indian food at this place. The service was fast and pleasant and the place is always busy no matter what time of day you come but it's always easy to get a table. Everyone has foods that they like and mine are always on the menu. I don't know if they change it up but I'm always pleased that when I go there I find what I like. I'd like to say that the tandoori a chicken was cooked perfectly. It was moist and had all the flavor. Don't worry about parking you been though you're downtown because if you enter through the back door you've just left the city parking lot so there's plenty of parking everywhere. Don't forget to try the mango ice cream a great way to end your meal.