“Buffet is amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lootens Pl
Description: Taj of Marin is a family owned and operated Indian restaurant providing authentic and delicious Indian food at a great price. Our upscale, family-friendly atmosphere is perfect for enjoying the most exquisite Indian cuisine available in the North Bay area. Adorned with traditional Indian artwork and decor, every aspect of Taj of Marin is truly authentic.
San Rafael
“Buffet is amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2015

Super food, great service, good price. Tremendous number of vegetarian options on buffet. I love the Navrattan Korma and the Malai Kofta. They also have mango ice cream and rice pudding for dessert.

Visited May 2015
Gurpreet S, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this review, May 21, 2015
Thanks so much for the super review, Amy -- it sounds like everything hit the spot, and I'm so grateful that you took the time to reach out! Come back and see us again soon -- we'd love to welcome you back.

All the best,

Incline Village, Nevada
“Quiet but there's a reason”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2015

The samosas were very good. It went downhill from there. We had to ask for plates to eat our dinner. Service was extremely slow which we didn't mind because we were enjoying the conversation with friends. The entrees tasted like they had been reheated and reheated again until the ingredients were mush. Definitely not fresh and not much protein in each dish either. Beware of empty restaurants.

• Visited April 2015
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gurpreet S, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this review, April 16, 2015
This is definitely not what we like to hear, Karen, and I am so sorry this is the impression you were left with. I don't know whether or not you did, but please know -- if you have any comments about the food or service, you are welcomed to talk to any member of staff about it. Excellent food is so important to us, and we're very disappointed to know that this fell flat for you. I really hope you'll give us another shot in the future -- I know that while our samosas are good, so much else can be too.

All the best,
San Rafael, California
“Always a star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2015 via mobile

Indian food is always been very special to me. I'm a big fan of spices. You can go from a beautiful space on your pallets all the way up to some nice fire from some of the papers that they put in the spices. And when I'm real hungry I love going to touch because they have a massive buffet and it's located in the heart of downtown San Rafael. From starting with the salad to having tandoori to the great array of foods that are offered you can keep going back and changing your palate as you go. I try to have small bites of everything rather than big portions of everything that way I can really taste the range of Indian food at this place. The service was fast and pleasant and the place is always busy no matter what time of day you come but it's always easy to get a table. Everyone has foods that they like and mine are always on the menu. I don't know if they change it up but I'm always pleased that when I go there I find what I like. I'd like to say that the tandoori a chicken was cooked perfectly. It was moist and had all the flavor. Don't worry about parking you been though you're downtown because if you enter through the back door you've just left the city parking lot so there's plenty of parking everywhere. Don't forget to try the mango ice cream a great way to end your meal.

San Rafael, California, USA
“Good Indian Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2015

The food was good, although I felt that the portions were a little small for the price that we paid. I wanted to use a Yelp Check-In, but it apparently expired in February and they wouldn't honor it. We also used a Groupon that was easily accepted. We order off the a la carte menu, but I noticed they had a dinner buffet. I might want to try that in the future. In addition, we made a reservation via OpenTable, but they didn't even ask our names to check on our reservations. Fortunately, there was a table available for us when we arrived.

Visited March 2015
Gurpreet S, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
Thanks for the feedback, Justin. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback. If there's anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Cheers,
Sugar Hill, Georgia
“Not This Time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Have enjoyed lunch at Taj several times during my trips to San Rafael. This last trip something on the buffet wasn't quite right. I am reluctant to try again. My assumption is that something was undercooked.

Visited May 2014
Gurpreet S, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We're glad that you've enjoyed your other meals with us, but disappointed that your last experience wasn't up to par. When did you eat with us? I would love to look further into this situation.

Best,