Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Residence Inn
PricelineUS$144
Hotels.comUS$144
eDreamsUS$144
Agoda.comUS$144
All reviews full kitchen oatmeal the breakfast area front desk staff each morning fresh fruit business trip dishwasher freeway starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020

The room was not clean - it smelled smoky and musty. There was leftover hair in the shower from the previous stay - but hey, at least they left three antibacterial hand wipes on the desk. (By the way, those hand wipes are Benzethonium Chloride and don't kill coronavirus) The front desk staff was unavailable and unhelpful, and over the course of an EIGHT DAY stay, it was difficult to get things like basic amenities refilled. I understand that we are in a pandemic and that we must remain understanding and flexible, but it is absurd to be expected to go eight days with only two towels for two guests with no offer of fresh linens. (I asked for fresh linens and they gave me a single blanket) As you walked down the halls, bags of trash lined the hallways and they would sit there for HOURS. The small table in front of the elevator had half-eaten food that sat there all day and overnight and into the next day. The computer area had old trash and food just uncleaned. The "breakfast" was an absolutely disgusting prepackaged muffin in a bag with absolutely no regard for basic allergies like nuts, dairy, or gluten - why not offer simple single serve cereals and milks and some fresh fruit? If I had not prepaid this reservation, I would have absolutely found somewhere else to stay.

Date of stay: October 2020
Michael Glick, Owner at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

I am sorry to find out that you had an unsatisfactory experience. Since your review we have increased our patrols of the hallways to pick up guests trash and linen. We are asking our guests to put the trash and used linen in the hallway between 8 am and 12pm, but a lot of our guests have been putting the items in the hallway after this time frame. Because of covid our housekeepers are not going into occupied rooms for our staff and our guests protection. We do have extra amenities available at the front desk and also are doing grab and go breakfasts every day. I am sorry that our protective measures did not meet your expectations, but I hope whenever Covid is clear and our hotel is running back to normal operations that you will give our hotel another opportunity.

Reviewed 4 August 2020

I stayed one night. Business trip. The staff was very nice (each person I enountered). However, I had some issues. I have light colored hair so when the sink and shower have long Dark hair.. ... I know it is not from me and likely from a prior guest. Room overall didn't seem entirely "clean"
Standard Residence Inn room... biggest issue by far is that my room had windows facing the main street and it was LOUD. I was awakened at 5:45 am and unable to get back to sleep from the trucks and cars flying by.
I'd stongly suggest recommending a room facing the parking lot and not the street.

Room tip: Make sure you are away from the traffic noise if possible. Way too loud.
Date of stay: August 2020
Michael Glick, Owner at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2020

I am sorry to find out that you had an unsatisfactory experience. I will share your cleanliness concerns to our housekeeping supervisor to ensure that other guests do not experience the same issues as you. Next time you choose to stay with us we will be happy to get a you a room away from the highway. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to share with us your experience.

Reviewed 17 March 2020

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and 5 days. Unfortunately, this was the week Covid-19 started taking off in the U.S.

With that in mind, when we got in the room, we immediately wiped down and disinfected ALL surfaces and ran all of the dishes/silverware/pans through the dishwasher.

We kept a sign on the door to not clean the room. We would change out towels/toiletries with the staff.

In an abundance of caution, we only ate the fresh fruit at the breakfast buffet.

My only complaint has to do with the small burners in the kitchen stove. They are the glass convection type, so they would cycle on and off and would really not stay in the high heat for very long. I am positive that no matter the dish being cooked, the cooking time was at least tripled.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank mcasabar
MichaelG11205, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2020

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post your review about your stay at the Residence Inn San Marcos. We are taking extra precautionary measures to ensure the cleanliness of our hotel to ensure our hotel remains Covid-19 free. It is good to know that you are doing the same. We hope you stay safe during these tough times, and that whenever your travels bring you back to San Marcos that we will be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 24 November 2019

Great breakfast...thanks to Ken and Jessica for the great customer service at breakfast. Got the extra blankets and pillows we needed from Zynisha. Good restaurants and grocery store close by. Nice to have a full kitchen.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
MichaelG11205, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2019

It is great to know that Ken and Jessica made your breakfast experience extra special at the Residence Inn. It is also great to know that Zynisha was able to help you get extra blankets and sheets. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with our staff and show them how they made your stay extra special. I hope whenever your travels bring you back to San Marcos that we will be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 9 November 2019 via mobile

I originally stayed here when this hotel first opened and there was a lot of construction going on across the street. Turns out they built a bunch of apartments or condos so it was a lot busier area than before.

The parking lot was full this time around so the hotel has gotten more popular. The immediate surroundings was not so interesting But on the other side of the freeway underpass was a large shopping center with a Starbucks and other restaurants.

Overall hotel was still nicely maintained both inside and outside. Lobby was attached to the breakfast area. There was lots of seating and a view of the pool.

The gym was on the ground floor and a few people were in there early in the morning. Decent mix of cardio equipment like ellipticals, treadmills and bikes plus a rack of dumbbells. The adjustable weight bench could use a bit of maintenance as it squeaked a lot.

My room was comfortable with separate sleeping and living room areas. Kitchen was small but equipped with all the standard offerings for cooking, cleaning, etc. An unusual flower pot was located next to my bed which was a nice touch. Don’t normally see flowers inside.

Bathroom was stocked with the bulk dispensers of shampoo and body wash for a greener environment. For longer stays you could opt not to have your room cleaned and earn additional Marriott points. Gets my vote for protecting the environment.

Overall quiet, environmentally friendly and good value for my stay.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank wireless_in_CA
MichaelG11205, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2019

It is great to know that you stayed with us when our hotel originally opened up, and that you recently stayed with us again. We appreciate your continued business and it is great to know that you loved the amenities our hotel provides. We appreciate your great comments about our hotel and I hope whenever your travels bring you back to San Marcos that we will be your hotel of choice.