Hotel St. Helena
US$360
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$349
US$299
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$150
Spanish Villa Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$217
Wydown Hotel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$319
US$294
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$352/night.

Shady Oaks Country Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
US$352
TripAdvisor
US$775
Meadowood Napa Valley(St. Helena)
US$625
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$763/night.

Vineyard Country Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Expensive for what you get. Small room. Dirty room.

And staff is rude beyond description. Have a severe attitude problem. Made it sound like they were doing us a favor by letting us stay there.

I would NOT go back there even if they paid me to do it.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank sshroffs
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

The reviews were very off putting but we honestly didn't see any of the problems. The staff were lovely! And yes, the rooms were small but the beds were comfy and clean. Was a bit worried as we had a shared bathroom but it was fine... There were a few available and they were clean and the decor was lovely! The rest of the hotel is gorgeous! Beautiful heavy wood furniture and bits and pieces.... Also very very well located!!!

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol L
Reviewed 19 June 2016

I always try to find something positive about places I've stayed and so here all I can say is that the people were friendly.
And so they should be for a $500 room! The room was tiny - I can put up with that. But the entire hotel is completely run down. I'm sure it would be condemned if the local Health Authorities came to check the place.
We don't mind old-world charm but this did not fit the bill. I'd be less upset about this if it was $150 but for $500 I would like to see some effort going into the restoration and maintenance of the place. I felt sad as it's clearly a very historical building with tons of stories to tell. I also felt sad because I was looking forward to pampering ourselves in a nice expensive hotel. The "No Refunds" sign at the front desk should be a warning that perhaps you could do better.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. That's all I can say.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nmre
Reviewed 9 May 2016

(I'd give this 1.5 stars if the UI would allow me, since 2 is too generous and 1 a little mean).

My wife and I booked this hotel because we had an event just outside of St Helena and thought the location ideal (which it was). However, that's really the only positive thing I can say about the place sadly.

We hadn't noticed in our original booking that we had one of the rooms with a shared bathroom (across the hall), so we ended up paying a significant premium to "upgrade" to a private bathroom. If this was the only negative, then again, it wouldn't be so bad.

The room we eventually ended up in was tiny. There was literally about a foot and a a half either side of the bed and a little space at the foot of the bed to put down our bags. A tiny set of hooks in the corner of the room acted as a location to hang clothing. No closet or practical storage in the room.

The furnishings were clearly very worn and the carpets incredibly dusty. Very few places to plug things in to charge. The bed was tolerable, but clearly old. Everything just felt run down and not cared for.

On a neutral point, the staff were reasonably friendly, though we had few interactions with them.

Overall, I would not stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 25 April 2016

The best thing about the hotel is the onsite parking, assuming you can snag one of the allocated spaces. Oh, and it's right in the center of this adorably walkable town, which is convenient...right up until the garbage trucks start showing up at 3:30AM, making enough of a racket to wake the dead. There are no AC units or fans in the rooms - thankfully, the window opened! No screens. At least there is a comfortable lobby where I could plug in and work. Breakfast, which is not served until 8:30AM was quite nice, with plentiful choices. If you're a coffee snob, you'll want to get coffee at Model Bakery or the local Sunshine market. Bring your personal fan and ear plugs. And No Refunds. so don't ask.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have less street noise, but are smaller.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business