“Date night: success”
Review of View 202

View 202
Reserve with OpenTable
View 202 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 319 Restaurants in Redding
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A fairly new restaurant in Redding in the old "Rivers" location.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

View 202 is the best restaurant in Redding, that I have found. It’s right next to the river, so it’s perfect for a good view and outdoor seating. The atmosphere was super cozy and aesthetic, making us want to stay longer. The service there was class- every time I’ve gone, it’s been 5-Star service, keeping a good eye on us, making sure we were comfortable, knew the wine list, and was super friendly. We loved our food, it was cooked well, and in my opinion, was worth the money. I wouldn’t go all the time, but it’s a great spot to impress a date. We’re coming back next time we are in Redding!

Reviewed February 18, 2018

A friend & I decided to try 202 for lunch. Since most items on the menu are highly priced, I expected them to be excellent. My friend's fish & chips was fine, but over priced. My salad was a disaster. Guess I expected a "lunch salad" to be the size of Cheesecake Co.'s, but it was not. Didn't matter that it was tiny, tho, as it was terrible. I think the only things I ate were the avocado & 2 little tomatoes. The lettuce was, to best describe it, mushy & wilted! It was as if they gathered what was left at the bottom of the bowl and it had been swimming in excess water or dressing or something. Maybe it had been served before to someone else, I don't know, but it was bad. I should have complained, but didn't. The waitress could obviously see I hadn't eaten 95% of it, but didn't ask why. (also the dressing was "ranch" but was overpowered by the dill.) Would not go back.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

We ate here ah had a salad each plus shared a plate for entre which only cots a few dollars extra. This was great deal. We had a bottle of wine which we brought and corkage fee was very reasonable.

We finished the wine on patio overlooking the Sacramento River near a fire pit. This was great too to an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

We ordered the View Burger to split. Filled with flavor and cooked to perfections. The special blended Coconut Lavender Lemonade is amazing. The view is beautiful. Go at lunch to get better prices! Yum!

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Been here three times now... food is great every time! The best is the prime rib; unfortunately they only offer it on Friday and Saturday. Service is always good, and the ambience is great as well.

Been to View 202? Share your experiences!