Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official Site
$475
View deal
All reviews sunday supper wine hour private dinner playboy mansion professional chef chef carter atop a hill gracious hosts other guests bed and breakfast small plates quail wine tasting rolling hills her husband wine country another couple
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Myself, my husband, and three other couples stayed at Canyon Villa for a weekend in June 2022. We were very impressed with the atmosphere, cleanliness, and quality of everything. The food and service was spectacular!!! My birthday meal was absolutely amazing customized to my palate and done in such a professional manner. Every meal and wine hour was delightful. I will definitely return and highly recommend! The location is excellent, very quick drive to Paso downtown, and yet it feels so remote and private. Comfortable beds, impeccable rooms, views for days, and attention to detail. Cool towels upon arrival is one example of feeling pampered after you’ve traveled and it’s 100 degrees outside! Cannot wait to come back!

~Very impressed guests, Lori and Josh

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
William Carter, Owner at The Canyon Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Ciao Dr. Montgomery!
Grazie Mille ... Your detailed review speaks with integrity that guests may glean great information about staying at The Canyon Villa. It was our honor to provide you and your guests with impeccable hospitality for your milestone celebration.
Con Affetto,

Reviewed 1 week ago

I made our reservations at this beautiful location almost a year ago for my husband and my 40th wedding anniversary. I figured someplace elegant and special was going to add to the celebrations. I spoke to Wills to make the reservations, all went smoothly.

A couple of days before checking in I received an email with a handbook attachment from Kath. I opened it and started reading the rules and regulations. No shoes in the room, evening wine hour between 5-6pm, breakfast 8-8:30AM!! And absolutely no food or drinks in the rooms. What about vacation does this not say.

We checked in and Kath was there to greet us. Very warm welcome. As we were getting our stuff out of the car she looked down into my purse and noticed a white bag. She immediately asked if there was food in the bag. I told her no, it was not. The tone shifted when she asked and it was not pleasant.

Since we arrived close to Wine Tasting hour ~ 5pm, we went straight in and met another couple at the main dinning area. We were presented with 2 different wines by both Kath & Wills. Wills is the chef and came out with charcuterie boards for each couple. He described the 2 varieties of meats and the 2 varieties of cheeses. at precisely 6pm we heard an alarm go off in the kitchen and wine tasting concluded. Wow! On a time schedule.

Breakfast the next day was at 8AM! When on vacation I do not necessarily want to rise before this just for breakfast. We went out about 8:15am and I could Kath was not over joyed that we were "late" for breakfast. Again, they want breakfast to be over by 8:30AM. The food was nice, not the most elegant, but nice.

The room ~ was overlooking a vineyard. Nice views and there was a patio to enjoy being outside the room. The only thing missing was maybe a morning coffee at the table or a glass of wine in the evening as the sun goes down. NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN THE ROOMS!!!! The bed is a double size not even a Queen! I've been married to my husband for 40 years and we have squeezed into so beds before, but not paying over $400 a night.

Question you might have ~ would we go back. No. When I walked in and re-read all the rules of the house and understood the timing of everything, I felt like I was reliving my teenage years living at home. This is not a vacation atmosphere. I really, really wanted to leave a glowing review as I so wanted to love this place.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first bed and breakfast stay and wow, the bar is set high! Thank you Wills and Kath for your amazing hospitality, you know what you’re doing. Wills food will blow you away. Kath’s warmth and welcoming persona will make you feel at home. We can’t wait to come back and celebrate again!

Photos: @nikkelsphotography

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
William Carter, Owner at The Canyon Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Ciao Kaylyn,
Grazie Mille ... We are thrilled that you selected The Canyon Villa as your first Bed and Breakfast experience! Having you in our care is from our hearts ... a gift to you and your fiancé.
A Presto (see you soon)!

Reviewed July 4, 2022

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Canyon Villa on our 3rd visit. There are so many reasons we keep coming back - the welcome we get from Kath and Wills, the spectacular breakfasts and wine hour nibbles, the gorgeous and convenient location, the extremely comfortable and quiet rooms. On this visit we really enjoyed sitting on our balcony and watching the birds and other wildlife. Needless to say, we'll be coming back the next time we're in Paso!

Date of stay: June 2022
William Carter, Owner at The Canyon Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Ciao Nita,
Grazie Mille ... We sincerely appreciate your recognition of our unique brand of hospitality. We look forward to warmly welcoming you for your next visit to Paso!
A Presto!
Con Amore,

Reviewed June 18, 2022

My wife and I visited between June 8-10 and our stay was extraordinary in every way. Katherine and her husband Chef Wills went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcome. The Villa is perched on a hilltop with a commanding view of the valley and the vineyards--a breathtaking location. We stayed in the Sienna Room which was very comfortable and had a king bed. The piece de resistance X 2 was Chef Wills gourmet breakfasts and daily wine tasting with a personalized charcuterie board--I would return for those two experiences alone. A relaxing and very tranquil visit; highly recommended and we would return.

Room tip: Sienna room on second floor with king bed and balcony
Date of stay: June 2022
William Carter, Owner at The Canyon Villa, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2022

Caio Miles C!
Grazie Mille ... We appreciate your salient review in recognizing all the Villa has to offer. Traveler's will benefit immensely from your experience of our unique lodging amenities.
Con Affetto,