Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
my82pink
San Diego, California

Clean and safe

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 16, 2022via mobile
Check in was easy, I had called 40 mins in advanced to asked if my room was available and she said yes. They are not paperless and she had me fill out my name, address, driver license and vehicle license. Then handed me a physical key.

She said “We’re an old school motel and we have you pay after your stay”. I am so glad that I insisted on charging my card at that instance because no one was to be found the day I left.

You have an assigned parking space. Your room number corresponds to your parking spot. I thought that was weird like invasion of privacy when someone can know if you’re home or not and if that room is taken. But she said it’s because if you’re home late, you’ll have a spot. I’m assuming there’s not enough parking? How can that be when each room is connected to a spot?

I feel like I’ve been transformed back to the 70s to my childhood home with outdated decor of patterned carpet, wood trim, low tile sink, slim shower, fleece blankets, and mix match blankets.

If you can pass all that, it’s actually a quaint little place with a mini fridge, no microwave, a swimming pool and designated outdoor smoking area. After all, it’s a ‘ranch’ theme.

(+) A.C with remote
(+) Heater has its own thermostat and wall furnace
(+) All one level, no need to worry about stairs. 20 units.
(+) 3 extra pillows and one fleece blanket in the closet.
(-) No outlets. Just a power strip behind the fridge.
(-) No iron - I’m sure you can call to ask
(-) No microwave - Must call to ask and they will bring it to you if they have it available. Otherwise, the office can heat it up for you.
(-) Shampoo is in a 0.4 ounce sample size pouch.
(-) Very slim standing shower
(-) Low sink, not ideal for taking folks
(-) Small standard size toilet bowl
(-) Physical key
(-) The tv lags between channels and not clear
(-) The towel hook behind the door was as high as the door way. Quite a reach.

My Expedia reservation said the office opens at 7am but the hours on the door says 7:30am, yet there’s a clock that says “Be right back at 8am”. I came by at 7:10, then at 8:30 the sign was flipped to “open” but a note that says “…stepping out be right back…” and finally 9am. That same note was still there. Imagine if I needed to pay? So I dropped the keys in the drop box.

Overall, it was clean and most importantly, we felt safe. It’s 10 minutes from Sensorio light show. It’s also far from downtown, you would have to drive.
Date of stay: May 2022
Room Tip: Pay when you check in not when you check out
Trip type: Traveled with family
  • ZenHotels.com
    ₱12,783
0.6 km from Melody Ranch Motel
View more hotels in Paso Robles
All reviews assigned parking space power strip two blocks within walking distance town square comfortable bed outdoor pool check in was easy a nice place to stay mini fridge downtown paso robles tv tile tasting shampoo channels iron
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2022

We enjoyed our one evening stay at the quaint Melody Ranch Motel during a rainy visit to the downtown Paso Robles tasting rooms. We chose the Melody Ranch based on location as we wanted to be within walking distance to the tasting rooms. We arrived a little before check in and were pleased that we had an end room (21) and friends traveling with us next door in (20). The room was comfortable and well equipped with a fridge, TV, and sitting area. They even lent us their umbrellas at the front desk as we arrived during a downpour. A nice place to stay in a charming town.

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed November 5, 2021

Family-owned and operated Classic motel from 1960, very close to the center of Paso Robles. Perfect location for exploring all the vineyards in the area, or to just stroll across the park to check out all the bars restaurants, and tasting rooms downtown.
Basic room and shower but clean and secure, have TV, refrigerator and coffee maker. All rooms face the outdoor pool (open seasonally) and cars park right in front of the room door.
No real place to gather outside, but the Rodeo bar is just up the street.

TIP: This is the perfect place, if you are just looking for something cheap and cheerful. If this review was informative, please check the box below as I am trying to set a record for helpful reviews. Thank you

Room tip: All rooms are the same.
Date of stay: July 2021
5  Thank Michael B
Reviewed June 21, 2021 via mobile

We usually stay at La Quinta while visiting Paso Robles but it was booked up and most other hotels booked as well so judging by reviews I booked 2 rooms at Melody. The facility was a typical dated motel and had high rates for a dowdy ambiance. However with everyone starting to travel again I think we were lucky to get rooms. My title says it all. It was reasonably clean but the beds were very uncomfortable. The mattresses need replaced. The pillows need replaced. A plus is that it is close to restaurants.Would only stay here again in a pinch.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2020 via mobile

We were on a road trip and wanted to stay safe so we booked this motel based on its reviews and really cheap price. It’s so exceeded our expectations. While it is definitely dated, it’s dated in a good way like waking up in the 60s. We were so charmed that we ended up having happy hour and dinner (delivered pizza from Pizza Planet - highly recommended) by the pool because all the restaurants in town were packed and not really practicing enough social distancing or mask wearing to keep us comfortable. We had just come from staying at a lovely B&B in the wine country but this place was just fine for us and very quiet, even though there were people in the rooms next to us, we didn’t hear them. This is not a place that was decorated to be retro, this is a place that is really from the ‘60s. Our room had a very comfortable king size bed and new carpet and everything was very clean and it was pretty roomy for a motel room with a table and two chairs and a desk. I would definitely stay here again and for the price, it’s an amazing deal.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2020

stayed here again....very nice owners and also the rooms. Don't expect frill...just clean and comfortable rooms.
Been here before....there is a grab and go breakfast...coffee maker in the room and also in the office for breakfast...

Date of stay: September 2020