All reviews complimentary bottle of wine yogurt amazing shower quiet neighborhood filtered water lime tree cream cheese molton brown toiletries mini bagels pretzels stove top keurig coffee maker relaxing music some great restaurants great kitchen saltwater pool plenty of loungers
Reviewed 4 August 2018

This was our second stay at Little Paradise. We actually had a trip to Long Beach planned for a convention and were thrilled that we could squeeze in a night beforehand to spend a night in Palm Springs at Little Paradise. This hotel made such an impression on us, when we daydream about escaping somewhere for relaxation, we thiink about our previous trip to Palm Springs and Little Paradise. Though we only stayed one night this time, it did not disappoint. We had a great chat with Judy when we arrived - she really made us feel like old friends returning for a visit. I am very picky when it comes to hotels and cleanliness and have never had ANY issue with our room at Little Paradise. I'll notice every little spot, hair, and stain when I stay somewhere, but have NEVER found any during our stays at Little Paradise. The rooms were always immaculate. The beds are so comfy, it truly feels like home, and it's even hard to want to get out of bed and do stuff because it is so comfortable. I didn't think they could improve on anything at Little Paradise, but on this trip, we discovered that they replaced all of the poolside furniture, and it truly gorgeous! It's true there isn't someone at the desk overnight, but that makes it feel even more like a home away from home. Everything you could possibly want is in your room, so I can't imagine needing anything from anyone at any time during the stay. Huge bagels, croissants, cream cheese, butter, yogurt, orange juice, wine, and more is available in your fridge, plus fruit...all of which is more than enough for us to start our day or have for a snack (including microwave, stovetop, all the kitchen appliances needed.) The shower is heaven and I did not want to get out. I can't say enough about Little Paradise Hotel...we'll definitely be staying there many times as we can in the future.

Room Tip: We always pic a room with a mountain view but all of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We did not know what to expect when my wife and I got there, but the welcome we received was heartfelt and the care they took to show us our room and the facilities was top notch. It was so peaceful there. The walls around the property shielded you from any neighbours or passerby’s. The rooms were nicely updated with a great kitchen and a luxury washroom. The bed was one of the more comfortable we’ve slept in in a long time. If you are looking for a great place to stay at in Palm Springs I highly recommend the Little Paradise Hotel!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Lots of attention to details. Attentive host Judy welcomed us warmly. The saltwater pool was nice. The complementary breakfast items, water, sunscreens, etc. were nice touches. The shower was great! We enjoyed our time there.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This was a very positive surprise, even after all the raving reviews. Very calm and relaxed, with enough details to feel luxurious but not so much to feel uncomfortable. This small place comes with very friendly people: both Judy and Victor were wonderful, to the point that when I quite embarrassingly spilled my wine by the pool I was asked if they could replace my wine...Other guests were really nice too.

I loved the faded look of the pool area, but I believe that now after the complete renovation just about to start when we left, it will
be all different kind of wonderful and match better the beautifully updated rooms.

Palm Springs does this kind of small ‘Adults only’ havens well but this is one of the best I think, I don’t know how much better you can ask for!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2018

As soon as the owner Judy finished showing us our room, we knew we'd be finding somewhere else to stay. She was very friendly and helpful but that was the extent of the good things. She told us there's no one at the front desk at night, but if we need anything to call her -- she lived "just 20 minutes away". So heads up if you think you'll need anything, you'd have to call & wake up sweet Judy to come help.

The breakfast is actually: 1 croissant + 1 plain bagel per person and a Keurig machine, maybe some butter/jelly. There was a decent kitchenette, small high-top table for 2 and a small patio table/chairs. A small sitting area with weathered furniture right in front of your window, open to the pool area. Nothing fancy.

The rooms facing the pool are VERY close to the pool -- closer than the photos imply. Like, 2 steps away. My friend actually went outside to see if he could see into our room because we were concerned about whether the curtains provided any privacy. We were there in "slow season", but it was fairly crowded at the pool when we checked in around 4p on Sunday. It's supposed to be a quiet, non-party hotel but we felt we'd hear other guests regardless -- they'd all have to walk by our room from the back gate which was NOT very secure (didn't lock properly unless you slam it and faces a side street).

Gross stuff: there was a short dark hair on top of the comforter, a long dark hair under the runner thing at the foot of the bed, and TONS of short dark hairs stuck in the upholstery of the bed frame (looked like it'd never been cleaned). Also some sort of fluid had been squirted onto the wall beside the bed that leads into the bathroom (didn't want to imagine where that was from). The shower doors had water stains and looked like they hadn't been wiped down at all. We showed all this to Judy who agreed it was unacceptable and immediately issued a refund. But then we were left with the task of calling around town to find a last-minute hotel on 4th of July week. Very inconvenient!

Honestly, we found that many places in Palm Springs were older properties (built in the 50's-70's) didn't make cleaning a priority and had some stricter guest rules because we'd been told "all the partiers from Coachella" had created issues in the past. But from our past travels, this place just didn't warrant the price for the lack of cleanliness, amenities and privacy -- especially since it was slow season.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the gate entrances for more security/privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple