All reviewspool areagreat designmodernism weekace hotelgreat poolpoolside barfire pitclean roomslarge poolfirst floormini fridgehappy hourhot tubelixirdjhiplyons
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This hotel is beautifully designed. That's as far as it goes for me. I wasn't given the room that I booked and prepaid. The first floor view of the pool through a wire fence wasn't acceptable; I was told that was the only thing they had left... unless I wanted to downgrade to a smaller room. So I took the smaller room but no refund in price difference. How can anybody consider that good customer service?
The front desk staff was unfriendly and resented the fact I wanted another room. Give me a break. It's supposed to be a hospitality business. Yeah, sure.

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
5  Thank MisterTravel1000
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I'm very familiar with this lovely, serene stretch of Palm Springs, but I had never stayed at the V until recently. I had dropped by the pool area a few times, and was definitely drawn to the charming and chill vibe there.

I finally decided to book a stay here for two nights, and was very impressed with the overall experience.

The rooms here are very sexy and sleek, and the beds are super comfortable. The shower is sexy and the entire bathroom area is very crisp and cool in its design.

The pool area is fantastic. There are many lounges and misted cabanas to choose from, and the large hot tub is actually...hot. There's a great restaurant/bar out there called Elixir, and a bartender named Jade is especially awesome. The steak from the restaurant was quite good, as were the chicken wings.

The overall service at The V is really impressive and accommodating. Saul at the front desk was great to work with, and efficiently and promptly answered any questions I had. If you want, you can even take advantage of a shuttle service to downtown Palm Springs – although I'm guessing you too might be content to explore the surrounding area (especially Moorten Botanical Gardens a short stroll away) and just hang out and eat and drink by the pool.

Oh, and the views here? Fantastic. This location features prime mountain views from the second floor, and the overall atmosphere is serene and beautiful and truly Palm Springs.

I'd highly recommend The V. It's Very Rad.

Room Tip: second floor rooms offer amazing mountain views
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Dylan B
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Spent one night at the V and I had a very fine stay. I didn't have time to enjoy the pool or the bar but everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful. I was running late to check out and was able to get a slightly delayed departure. The night before it had been very windy and the pool was dirtied overnight but first thing in the morning someone was cleaning it. My room was quiet and comfortable, I don't think calling it an upscale Motel (as some reviewers have) does justice to the place, it's not a motel. Short walk to the Ace which has a nice restaurant. Wifi worked fine and was free. Nice Malin + Goetz products

Room Tip: If you have issues with stairs or heavy luggage, avoid a room on the second floor as there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank JonathanDucrest
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it was. Still underconstruction as of March 2017, but the quality was well above the amount I paid. I was in building 3 (not where the main lobby is), but it was never an issue. I just wished that the bar at the pool was on my side of the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed 27 March 2017

While the room was comfortable and clean, there was no hot water!!! It was so cold that we could not shower. Hotel is difficult to find as there is no signage. Desk clerks not helpful at all. The positives were the big bathroom, nice towels and toiletries and lots of plugs for charging things. I really question the high rating that this hotel had when we booked it.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple