All reviews king room the main house short drive private deck hot tub perfect hosts b and b trout farm joshua tree the palm springs area living area next morning whitewater wayne canyon lodge desert
Reviewed 18 February 2018

It's hard to believe (until you stay at the Casa) you can experience such rural relaxation so close to the vibrancy of Palm Springs. The Casa is made up of a couple of rooms off a main area in a funky (only that adjective suffices) house and a pair of Airstreams. The rooms are perfectly nice, comfortable and sufficiently roomy--but not what makes the Casa unique. What makes the Casa unique is the friendly charm of the proprietors with whom one immediately feels at home.

The breakfasts are works of art. The scenery is gorgeous, the sky big and full of stars. You are close to the Whitewater Canyon Preserve with excellent hikes. You can also hike up a draw from the Casa.

Perhaps best of all are the resident canines. Do not stay at the Casa unless you love dogs. They make you feel as welcome as the humans who run the place.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2018

My husband and I arrived at Casa de Los Desperados a little late, but Wayne was there to greet us with cookies and our hot tub ready to go - just what we needed after a long drive. We stayed in the King Room, with the private deck and jacuzzi. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room quiet with a beautiful view. The next morning we took our time looking around Wayne and Michael's gorgeous house and grounds. They have achieved a rare and enormously gratifying combination of elegance and warmth. The room and house were spotlessly clean, very welcoming, and beautifully decorated. It's hard to say what we liked best about Casa de los Desperados - our charming hosts, the fun dogs, the natural beauty, but I'm going to go with the astonishing meals that chef Wayne prepared. Every breakfast was unique, satisfying and absolutely delicious. We had dinner one night and were gifted with a 5 star meal prepared with care and talent. During our stay we visited Joshua Tree, went up the tramway in Palm Springs and went horseback riding with Smoke Tree Stables. Casa de los Desperados is close to lots of outdoor fun and delicious restaurants. We were very happy with this very special place and can't wait to return!

Room tip: We liked the King Room.
Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Our stay at Casa was amazing! It is a beautiful gem tucked away near the Whitewater Preserve. It is very peaceful and one of the best night's sleep I have had in a while. The food was AMAZING! If you have a chance to have dinner do not pass it up! The company was great! We had such a wonderful time. I hope to go back again next year! Be sure to take a walk and explore the area while you are there.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank samanthah431
Reviewed 3 January 2018

This secluded B & B is run by two of the nicest guys around and best Chef, Wayne!
If you want to get away and recharge you can't find a better place! You have to at least have one dinner because it is the best in town! (or around town).

Room tip: All rooms are good at the lodge
Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank Le M
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I absolutely loved my visit. The couple that runs the house are so welcoming. Loved the star gazing at night and the Jacuzzi in the middle of nowhere. I was there on business but this is a Perfect romantic getaway, I totally have to take my husband back.

Room tip: You are sharing a house with another couple. I don't think you can cook there in the kitchen. Very secluded!!! Quiet
Date of stay: October 2017