Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,127 results
All reviews mid century happy hour william cody fire pit saltwater pool modern hotel continental breakfast the main street cruiser bikes restaurants and shops fresh fruit love this hotel other guests the location is perfect old school the san jacinto mountains peace and quiet
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently spent almost a week at the Del Marcos in both the Cody and Frey rooms. It was quiet, relaxing...perfect for a getaway. I loved both of the rooms I stayed in, their quirkiness in mid-century decor, absolutely loved that the hotel tried to keep any historical furnishings (ex: some of the kitchen in the Frey room?). The staff went over and above for me when I wanted to stay extra nights, the food from Azucar at La Serena was wonderful, definitely check out sunset at Sugar High and I loved the bags of breakfast goodies. I'm back in Palm Springs next week and am very sad that they are sold out for the time I'll be n town or I would have booked again, want to check out so many of the other rooms.

Room tip: Cody room is adorable, mind it's the farthest away from the pool.
Date of stay: May 2021
Jamal Bissat, Guest Services / Front Office at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We're so excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were planning on staying with us again this coming weekend. We do tend to sell out, especially on weekends and suggest you book early if you can. We hope you can come back many more times and enjoy the rest of our rooms as they are all very unique.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our second time staying with the Del Marcos, we enjoyed our stay. You can walk to everything from this place. The staff is wonderful, the woman working the AM shift was always so nice and very helpful. Loved her! They are following all the COVID guidelines, so bravo. This place is a vintage classic mid-century modern hotel, very cool rooms and a pool right in the middle. The beds were comfortable, good shower, some private patios, also pet friendly rooms which we used. I think their were some minor cosmetic things to fix in the room, but overall great shape and keeping with the mid-century vibe. Will stay again and recommend. Thanks for another wonderful stay!

Date of stay: May 2021
Jamal Bissat, Guest Services / Front Office at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our COVID protocols as well as our staff. We hope your travels bring you back to us very soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2021

We selected Del Marcos because of its mid-century design and its relatively small size. While the staff was friendly, the front desk shut down before 8:00 p.m. and there was no one on site that was easily accessible to address issues or answer questions, until noon the next day.

The Del Marcos is trying to position itself as a resort but the rooms are tired and worn down. Our room had a leaking toilet where the water would not stop running. We had to turn off the water at the base of the toilet to get it to stop. The bathroom was in need of paint and the door doesn't fully open before it hits the toilet. The base boards were dirty and poorly installed, torn covid notice on the wall with no frame just scotched taped, torn towels...

After our trip I received an email from the Del Marcos asking for feed back about our stay and I did so and received no reply.

The public space are fine the rooms not so much. Overall disappointment.

Date of stay: March 2021
robert brugeman, Guest Services / Front Office at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Dear Rene K
We’re surprised you don’t think calling the 24 hour Front desk number displayed in every room is easy. Given the current health restrictions it’s the safest, contactless way to order room service, book a spa appointment, or let us know about any concerns you might have.

Although we can’t change things like the size of the bathrooms we work hard to maintain a beloved historic landmark and have been rewarded with 20 years of largely very positive reviews and repeat guests. If you had let us know about your concerns we would have immediately sent maintenance, moved you to another room or given a full refund and assistance in finding other accommodations. We would never want a guest to stay multiple nights in a room not to their satisfaction.

Reviewed 30 March 2021

The hotel has much to be desired. Let's start with the good. The hotel has a wonderful history. The pool and grounds are maintained fairly well with plenty of seating and umbrellas. The staff is super friendly, professional, and polite. The location is amazing for walking around downtown to shops and restaurants. I felt very safe in the area walking especially at night. It's very very quiet at night. The bed was comfortable and the room smelled good. BIG safe that a regular laptop will fit into plus more.

OK, let's talk about the issues. The room, although cute, retro, and trendy, was mildly disgusting. Especially the bathroom. I can overlook gunk in the corners, banged up and scratched stained nightstands, sticky doors, or lots of scale on the showerhead with rust on a towel bar, but what I can't tolerate are cockroaches. YES, you read right, there was a cockroach in the bathroom. A BIG ONE! I called the number for staff at night and they did apologize and sent someone over to help remove the pest. It's an old hotel in the desert in CA... I'm sure it's happened to the best of hotels, right?

I don't know, call me crazy, but for the amount of money I spent for a hotel stay, I sort of had higher expectations with the accommodations being cleaner, fresher, well maintained. If I stay and sleep somewhere less clean or more poorly maintained than my own home, I think that is disappointing. I hate to say that I was 'slumming it' but I felt as though I was doing just that. Sad.
If you can overlook crusty, rusty, banged-up hotel room stays, then I think you'll be OK with the Del Marcos.

Room tip: Stay away from the SHAG room
Date of stay: March 2021
Jamal Bissat, Guest Services / Front Office at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Glad to hear you loved the pool, grounds, the safe and convenient location and our friendly staff. We work hard to maintain a beloved historic landmark and have been rewarded with 20 years of largely very positive reviews and repeat guests. That said, if you were dissatisfied with your room we wish you had told us so we could immediately move you to another room or provide a full refund and assistance finding other accommodations. We would never want a guest to stay two more nights in a room not to their liking.

Reviewed 30 March 2021

We loved the design, location, mountain views, service and pool area. We enjoyed using the hotel's bikes to tour the surrounding historic tennis club district, and a bit of downtown Palm Springs. Pool was quiet and ideal for some desert "chill" time. We didn't order any lunch/dinner from the neighboring property, but will the next time as the menu looked amazing.

Room tip: We liked being able to walk from our room straight to our pool chairs.
Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to uses our bikes and pool. Hopefully the next time you stay with us you are able to have lunch at our restaurant Azucar. We think you will be pleasantly surprised.