Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,123 results
All reviews mid century happy hour william cody fire pit saltwater pool modern hotel continental breakfast the main street cruiser bikes restaurants and shops fresh fruit love this hotel other guests the location is perfect old school the san jacinto mountains peace and quiet
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2021

The hotel has much to be desired. Let's start with the good. The hotel has a wonderful history. The pool and grounds are maintained fairly well with plenty of seating and umbrellas. The staff is super friendly, professional, and polite. The location is amazing for walking around downtown to shops and restaurants. I felt very safe in the area walking especially at night. It's very very quiet at night. The bed was comfortable and the room smelled good. BIG safe that a regular laptop will fit into plus more.

OK, let's talk about the issues. The room, although cute, retro, and trendy, was mildly disgusting. Especially the bathroom. I can overlook gunk in the corners, banged up and scratched stained nightstands, sticky doors, or lots of scale on the showerhead with rust on a towel bar, but what I can't tolerate are cockroaches. YES, you read right, there was a cockroach in the bathroom. A BIG ONE! I called the number for staff at night and they did apologize and sent someone over to help remove the pest. It's an old hotel in the desert in CA... I'm sure it's happened to the best of hotels, right?

I don't know, call me crazy, but for the amount of money I spent for a hotel stay, I sort of had higher expectations with the accommodations being cleaner, fresher, well maintained. If I stay and sleep somewhere less clean or more poorly maintained than my own home, I think that is disappointing. I hate to say that I was 'slumming it' but I felt as though I was doing just that. Sad.
If you can overlook crusty, rusty, banged-up hotel room stays, then I think you'll be OK with the Del Marcos.

Room tip: Stay away from the SHAG room
Date of stay: March 2021
Jamal Bissat, Guest Services / Front Office at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Glad to hear you loved the pool, grounds, the safe and convenient location and our friendly staff. We work hard to maintain a beloved historic landmark and have been rewarded with 20 years of largely very positive reviews and repeat guests. That said, if you were dissatisfied with your room we wish you had told us so we could immediately move you to another room or provide a full refund and assistance finding other accommodations. We would never want a guest to stay two more nights in a room not to their liking.

Reviewed 30 March 2021

We loved the design, location, mountain views, service and pool area. We enjoyed using the hotel's bikes to tour the surrounding historic tennis club district, and a bit of downtown Palm Springs. Pool was quiet and ideal for some desert "chill" time. We didn't order any lunch/dinner from the neighboring property, but will the next time as the menu looked amazing.

Room tip: We liked being able to walk from our room straight to our pool chairs.
Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to uses our bikes and pool. Hopefully the next time you stay with us you are able to have lunch at our restaurant Azucar. We think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 26 March 2021

My wife and I loved the Del Marcos Hotel - great room, nice pool with terrific views of the mountains, excellent location just blocks from central Palm Springs dining and walking, close to beautiful hiking trails. And the staff was great - Rosie and the entire team made us feel at home. Highly recommend!!!!

Date of stay: March 2021
robert brugeman, Guest Services / Front Office at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2021

Dear EsteveJF
We love that you love the Del Marcos! it's a very special building to share with guests; not only filled with history but alive with fun! Rosie and the entire team deeply appreciate your kind feedback and recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

Location*****
Beautiful hotel on outside & pool area is well maintained. They also have cute bikes for guests to borrow and give a bottle of wine or champagne when checking in. Rooms have unique names. Very nice boutique touches.
We stayed in two different rooms. “Shag” had nice view of mountain and pool & unique claw tub. “William F Cody” has the best door and patio-only room with room and patio at front of hotel.
Both rooms needing updates. “Shag” carpet and furniture old looking. “William F Cody” also looks a little rough & AC needs repairs-left lots of black flakes on floor.
I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
robert brugeman, Guest Services / Front Office at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2021

Dear Sherieexplores
So glad to hear you thought the hotel and pool are beautiful and well maintained. Part of the charm of our historic landmark is the unique furniture in each room; a mix of new and vintage which is continually changing. The last of the carpets are being replaced with wood look tile; by the time you return that should be completed. We look forward to seeing you then!

Reviewed 9 March 2021 via mobile

I stayed up the Del Marcos hotel for two nights at $129. The room I got was outside the entire hotel and facing a busy intersection. I honestly felt like I was being punished for getting the cheapest room in the hotel. The heater did not work and people were constantly walking back-and-forth a crossed my patio. By the time I checked out my bill had totaled over $500 and I didn’t even order anything extra. This was an awful experience that I will never do it again. The sad part is if I had just paid $10 more and gotten the $139 room everything probably would’ve been fine but they don’t tell you that on the Internet.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled solo
Lars Viklund, Owner at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

If you book direct with the hotel you get the best rooms. There are detailed descriptions on our website.... we do not punish guests or mislead guests in any way. When you book through a different travel agency sight, you don't get a choice of rooms and it automatically books you into a room at our hotel. If you book direct, we also offer extra perks like loyalty discounts, early check in and late check out (when possible) as well as lots of other goodies. Sorry you didn't enjoy the William Cody Room. It's the only room on the outside of the hotel, but some guests actually love that room (and request it) with the original rock walls, front patio and the amazing doors. That was the first room "finished" at the hotel in 1947 and William Cody and Donald Wexler worked out of that room to finish the design of the hotel and also the furnishings. It's a shame when people write a review they don't mention the AMAZING features of the hotel such as the beautiful lobby, spacious pool area with plenty of lounge chairs, heated pool with insane views, fire pits at night, walking distance to downtown, free use of bikes etc.....I have spent 20 years and millions of dollars restoring the hotel to it's original charm and 99% of our guest LOVE the Del Marcos. And we ALWAYS offer guests to leave if they do not like the hotel or the room.