8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$529
Priceline$529
Expedia.com$529
Travelocity$529
Trip.com$535
Agoda.com$572
All reviews premium room old school melvyn's restaurant piano bar historic property modern amenities poolside service frank sinatra sister property fire pit beautiful grounds on site restaurant we loved our stay private patio downtown palm springs new owners mini fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2020

Very well managed property. Beautiful grounds, attentive staff. Well appointed and clean rooms. The location is also great. Very close to downtown but tucked away from the extra busy streets. Food and drinks were also great.

Date of stay: March 2020
Karina S, General Manager at Ingleside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2020

Dear JW1311,

Thank you for your exceptional 5 Star rating and review! We are pleased you felt so well cared for by our dedicated team, while enjoying our array of amenities. We appreciate you being with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

I love the Ingleside Inn!

I’ll admit, while this is not my first stay in PS it is my first at the Ingleside Inn. I decided to stay there after seeing a circa 60’s black and white photo of my mom, taken on the beautiful terrace with a gimlet in hand. Her expression was that of delight-and now I know why.
The history of the Inn is certainly a draw, as are the beautiful grounds, pool, Melvyns bar-restaurant-music, and lovely rooms (I am staying in Room #19 for 7 nights).
That being said, what will bring me back are the people...Tony at the desk- always ready with a warm greeting and Danny-his perpetual smile, running miles to keep guests satiated are only two of the amazing Ingleside team. From servers to landscaping, valets to housekeeping, the service was outstanding and genuinely welcoming!

Thanks for the generous hand with the remoulade❤️

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Mumofhon
Karina S, General Manager at Ingleside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2020

Dear Mumofhon,

Thank you for your outstanding 5 Star rating and review! What a wonderful story about your Mom! The photo does speak volumes! A wonderful memory.
You have captured the 'essence' of the Ingleside Inn. We are so pleased you felt so well taken care of by our dedicated team, especially Tony and Dan, while enjoying the array of amenities.
We thank you for being with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2020

We were booked into a suite and had not one issue, but more than we could count and it required us being moved into another room...no heat, toxic chemicals, sewer smell that caused other guests upon check in to leave immediately. The property has history and with it more issues that could not overcome the unpleasant experience that was only ameliorated by one clerk! We have attempted to contact the general manage numerous times with no luck......
Truly needs to be managed by more competent individuals !!!
Stay away other than the meals at Melvyn's..

Date of stay: February 2020
Karina S, General Manager at Ingleside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2020

Dear BellaLosGatos,

Firstly, please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered. This is not al all the norm at the Ingleside Inn. The Hotel Manager, Matt Shough, would like to make contact directly. Matt can be reached at 760-325-0046. Matt is eager to speak with you at your convenience.
Thank you.

Reviewed February 19, 2020 via mobile

This is classic old school Palm Springs with a kiss of Old Hollywood charm. So if you appreciate all things with a patina of age this is a great place. It’s true, the rooms are simple. There could be more surface space. But everything has been renovated including the showers, which for me is key, a good shower is imperative. And the Ingleside Inn does not disappoint. Lounging by the pool, gazing up at those beautiful mountains is an amazing experience. The location is also perfect- an easy walk to Palm Canyon. We also appreciated that this is a place for grown ups. As I’ve approached 50 I find myself allergic to 20-somethings who, when in Palm Springs, want to party - hard. This is a classy millennial free zone !

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank lisabinnyc

Dear Lisabinnyc,

Thank you for your wonderful rating and review! We are so pleased to know you enjoyed the overall charm and ambiance of the Ingleside Inn.
Our location is indeed superb and being adjacent to the majestic mountains does offer exceptional views for our guests to enjoy.
We appreciate you being with us and we do hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2020 via mobile

Great little gem but a little surprised at the service. A frosty manager at the front desk but a lovely valet chap who went the extra mile ( excuse the pun ) rooms were dated but spacious. Wish there was a tub but I knew it wouldn’t have one before I booked.
Great pool and a lovely lady called Victoria made our first few hours there so special and made us feel very welcome. Then my husband and I go to the bar and the older lady who was our waitress wasn’t very friendly either.
The next morning we looked for somewhere to get coffee but to our surprise the only coffee available was in the check in area. No breakfast available only brunch from 11.30 and didn’t really enjoy the food but I would of loved to of tried something else like their famous chicken pot pie.
The server was very nice. This place has stopped in time and embraces old Hollywood and celebrates FrankSinatra a LOT. His album was played pretty loudly in the exterior of the restaurant.
I think if they improved the rooms a little and put a small bar by the pool and a system in place for servers to be able to call in orders rather than leave poolside and run back and forth to the kitchen every time someone orders a drink or a meal is very much needed. Dan who seems to wear many hats at this hotel was worked to death with no help so I hope they just had some unexpected staff shortage and did the best they could in that situation and this isn’t a bad managerial issue where they’re just taking advantage of their staff.
This is a very sweet place and I would go again to use their free bikes and take a ride or a walk along the busy very cute street near by. Such an incredible location. Well worth the visit but these are my picky issues that I’m sure could be easily resolved. My husband and I had a lovely time xx

Trip type: Traveled as a couple