“FOR DESERT LOVERS”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$19.95*
and up
Palm Springs General Admission to The Living...
Ranked #1 of 60 things to do in Palm Desert
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The botanical gardens of this park offer great opportunities to see desert vegetation.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Located in Palm Desert this attraction is a combination of animal park with desert scenery and had a G scale model railroad layout..you can take a guided tour on a small tram..feed giraffes. overnight in tipis, visit the animal hospital..walk the desert..see the San Andreas rift..and lots more..recommend getting here early .opens at nine..parking lots fills up quickly..Great fun for the whole family

Write a ReviewReviews (2,377)
All reviews
in 71 reviews
"flora and fauna"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although I don’t agree with caging animals I’d heard many good things about this particular zoo. My husband and myself went with another couple. We were so pleasantly surprised to see that the animals had big living areas and room to run. My Favorite, the giraffes had a large open space but they could come up and be fed during specific feeding times. What an experience to be so close to this beautiful creature. We also loved and made use of the on/off carts. It was a hot sunny day, so the shade and breeze allowed us to see the entire park in comfort. I would love to return and I have already recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Living Desert Museum has a nice selection of desert plants and animals. It is a nice way to spend a few hours. You can even feed a giraffe and have your picture taken. It would be interesting to plan your trip when they have an animal in their lab getting a check-up or getting a problem taken care of. Lots of big windows to watch. They also seem to have lots of talks about various aspects of the grounds/animals planned throughout the day.

1  Thank AKKris
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved this zoo and the beauty that surrounds this zoo. We received a tour of the animal hospital and saw a fox receiving an physical exam. My teenager loved the model train exhibit. I would highly recommend this zoo.