All reviews jacuzzi tub peruvian restaurant san francisco half moon bay room was clean taco bell indoor pool the pacific ocean late check nice stay free parking safeway microwave monterey california sfo
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I try not to review unless I have great things to say. I'm not here to hurt anyones business. However, since this was my Anniversary celebration with only one night away I was deeply disappointed and so here is my review. The hotel is lovely and the rooms are nice. Walking into the Jacuzzi as you enter the room is weird though. It's just sitting out in the main room. And be forewarned - you cannot use the Jacuzzi after 10:00 PM so if you are doing a show and dinner you cannot even use the Jacuzzi! So, the money spent for a hotel room with a Jacuzzi was wasted.
Now, the real problem was the hard bedding. Something was really wrong with the bed. But we were told at check in they were sold out. So, we tried to deal with it. But every time we turned over or even moved the box springs sounded like it was breaking in half. The actual loud noise was like wood cracking. Since this was a celebration for us this was a ruined night.
Upon check out we told the young lady who said she was the asst. mgr that the bed has a big problem and she had nothing to say. I would have expected her to get the manager and have a discussion on the subject, but nothing.
Because of the bed and rules on the Jacuzzi, this was not a great place for our Anniversary. Added to the poor customer service we will not be returning.

1  Thank DeniseT52
Tania M, Manager at Pacifica Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Denise T,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a remarkable experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (650) 355-9999.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The location could not be more perfect but we could not believe how poorly kept this hotel was and how awful the room was! $300 you should at least have a room that is clean and welcoming. Instead it was dingy white walls, the bathroom was in great need of a remodel (felt like an old 70s apartment). It was so disappointing especially since we visit Pacifica often and was hoping to find a home away from home.

Dear Patti H,

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The Pacifica Beach Hotel is a nice place to stay. The best part is the location. Across the street from Pacifica Beach. An easy walk. Only a couple of minutes away from a shopping center, so if you forgot to bring anything from home, you can get it there. We stayed there during a holiday weekend. We tried to get a table at the restaurant there, but it was full. So if you want to eat at the restaurant at the hotel, make reservations. Our room was a full view of the ocean. Microwave and refrigerator were included. The Jacuzzi tub was a nice extra. The room was clean. The only things that might be faults is yes the shower is very small. The outside fixtures are rusty, but I know that is due to being near a beach. They probably can keep more updated on that. You may have to walk uphill due to the parking and structure not being on flat land. The staff was friendly while checking in and out. As for the price, it really isn't to bad. For one, it's literally next to the pacific ocean, two, it's in the bay area. I received a discount cause I used my AAA privilege. I wouldn't mind stay here again.

1  Thank ElvisFann

Dear ElvisFann,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a remarkable experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (650) 355-9999.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review..

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks much nicer online! The rooms are dated and need some renovation. I think part of the hotel is used for housing and looks dumpy on that side. The only upside is the beach being right outside the front driveway and just a short walk across the street. The room we had smelled of mildew and they do not clean under anything. The bathrooms are mediocre at best and the jacuzzi tubs aren't that great either. The towels are stained and do not smell fresh and the ac needs to be replaced. The continental breakfast is not even worth getting up for. Do yourself a favor and walk to Starbucks a couple blocks over. Also past Taco Bell on the beach there's a surf shop, and grocery store that is really cheap and worth the extra walk. I'd look else where for a hotel, even the motor inn up the street looked nicer!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tania M, Manager at Pacifica Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This is a good looking hotel 100m to the ocean.
The problem is the busy road in between.
Service is good and friendly.
Hotel condition was probably good at some point, but let's say it is now ok with the need of some care. Walls are dirty and probably not wash often. The hall smell humidity.
The free breakfast offer lot of different items, but overall not realy good.
So it is more a motel standard than a hotel. For the price, the expectations were higher.

Room tip: Nicest view of the ocean are probably from the third floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family