All reviews jacuzzi tub peruvian restaurant san francisco half moon bay room was clean taco bell indoor pool the pacific ocean late check nice stay free parking safeway microwave monterey california sfo
Reviewed 22 June 2016

stayed in a 3rd floor room (322) that was advertised as Ocean View, but in the tiny tiny print it was "ocean view accessible by a shared deck". Oops, missed that tidbit.
Anyway, in the front of the room no windows opened, and in the back of the room the window opened directly onto a street with a perfect view in (the property is built into a hill), and lots of road noise, which was really too bad cuz with the door open I could hear and smell the ocean. But, to sleep I needed to keep that one little back window closed which made the room very stuffy.
So I changed rooms to 111 and left the sliding glass door open all night to hear the waves.
Great location across the street from the beach. A Small package store was within easy walking distance.

Room tip: make sure that the room has windows that can open, and best rooms have a private balcony.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank 296justind
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

I absolutely love this place! All the rooms have marble tub jacuzzis in the room. Some have beautiful ocean views. It's right on the cabrillo hwy an right across from the beach. An for the kiddos in the family there's a skatepark right across the street, also who can pass up Taco Bell ON the beach lol great area for surfing an beach goers. Only 20 min drive to San Francisco or Half Moon Bay. Love it!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank daleneb747
Reviewed 13 June 2016

This property has undergone some renovations, which will hopefully continue. Our room was very spacious, with a fabulous ocean view, a roomy bathroom, and a jacuzzi tub (which just took up a lot of space, in our opinion). The room was extremely clean, but the curtains didn't fit the windows and we were actually awakened in the night by highway noise on Route 1, so some of the renovations are a bit lacking. The heating/air unit in our room was positioned adjacent to the head of the bed, so that it blew right on/over our heads. Not sure who came up with this horrible design, but we could not run the unit at night at all.

There is not a restaurant on site; the restaurant next door is extremely pricey. There is no business center, but we were allowed to use the front desk computer to access our flight info and print boarding passes.

The hotel is built on a very steep hillside, Be sure to request a ground-level room. We did not know to do this and had to lug our very heavy bags up a flight of stairs (there are no elevators).

Room tip: Ask for a ground level room unless you're willing to lug your bags up a flight of stairs.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Connie C
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Customer service was absolutely was unhelpful, would not allow me to talk to a manager. My two month reservation (which was confirmed two days before arrival) was canceled the day before my trip through an error in the reservation software. Although they had vacant rooms they would not allow me to stay in one at the reserved room rate the new rate was double the original price. When I asked them if they could accommodate me they told me there were many other people in the world who would pay the $256 a night price to stay there.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank gregbriggs14
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I was disappointed. Fairly expensive. Towels dirty. Asked for new ones, never hit them. Lots of dirty spots on walls. Large jacuzzi which we didn't dare use. Parking very far away from room. Best thing was the setting.

Trip type: Traveled with friends