All reviews jacuzzi tub peruvian restaurant san francisco half moon bay room was clean taco bell indoor pool the pacific ocean late check nice stay free parking safeway microwave monterey california sfo
Reviewed 8 November 2015

This hotel was clean but dated. We had a wonderful view from the room and a huge hot tub in the room. A young lady checked us in. She did an excellent job as it was her first night on the job. We took her recommendation to eat on the premises and were very happy with the restaurant.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larklu
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I have stayed only one night and it had one of the best views in the evening with the sun set. It is an easy walk to the beach to stroll around. The room is old and with a jacuzzi in the room. The bathroom and garderobe is basic. It has easy access to SFO and downtown (20 min). Due to my travel changes I had to cut my trip short and instead of staying two nights I ended up staying one night. It the morning when I have explained my situation the front desk said that they will take care of it but nothing happened and they had charged for the two days. This was not professional although not unfair.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I stayed here one night and admittedly got in late. About the only thing this hotel has going for it is that it is only about 25 mins from SFO and when everything else is booked is usually available.

The room reminded me of a tacky Poconos lovers spot, complete with in bedroom jacuzzi. The breakfast was instant oatmeal, which you had to prepare yourself, though I oculdn't put my hands on where exactly the hot water was, microwavable breakfast sandwiches (also couldn't find the microwave) and coffee.

The staff was super friendly, and the views of the pacific, right across the road, fantastic, but luxury this was not. I'd say it was equivalent to a seedy low-rent business travelers hotel plopped onto a beautiful stretch of beach (and by "onto" i mean across a VERY busy street from.)

They actually had to take a paper old school copy of my credit card. So nothing horrible but all in all a last resort type of place to crash for the night at most.

Room tip: if you have to stay here, get a beach view room, not a partial...
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank evenheskeyscored
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Arriving at any hotel after midnight is never good, but I checked in to find my room reservation had been canceled. The young man behind the counter indicated than my corporate card was refused and found a room. At the time I thought he was doing me a favor but......

I got to the room and there was a strange smell that was fruity and seemed to be covering up a bad urine type smell. The bed seemed clean and it was late so I went to bed.

Almost immediately the hotel room phone began to ring. It would not stop ringing, so I took it off the hook. I let the front desk know about this and thei response was that "no one else has complained".

When I awoke, I tried to log onto the wifi and it would not connect. There were also two network names that were very similar and I suspected ther might be a problem with security, so I gave up. I had called down to the front desk, but again, "no one else had complained".

I tried to take a shower and there was no hot water - but again, no one else had complained.

At this point I understand that some higher power really didn't want me in this hotel, so I packed up and left. Maybe the $200 I paid for the room plus taxes is some kind of cosmic toll?

Never will return here again! There are much better managed properties nearby!

Room tip: Go somewhere else!
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
6  Thank Kelley I
Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

We didnt plan on staying here, but glad we did. Clean, friendly staff. The room had a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub. Quiet.

TV could have been a bit bigger.

Perfect location. Beach and 10 minutes from San Fran!! Free parking is a plus. Good price for location.

Downside...the bed frame is beautiful wood but the corners are sharp and we all have bruises on our chins. They need to put pads on corners.

Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family