“The best little sportsbar in town!!”
Review of The Draft

The Draft
Reviewed 14 April 2016

THE DRAFT is a privately owned sports bar that has that perfect combination of family/sports atmosphere located in Oceanside, Ca. This is a great example of what your down to earth local sports bar should be. We walked in and right away you can feel that local sports vibe as you look around at the different sports memorabilia and the large selection of T.V's to view. The hostess greeted us right away. We sat within a minute and the waitress quickly grabbed our drink orders to get us started. The atmosphere continued to be quite friendly which made us all feel at home. We also ordered waters and a fried zucchini appetizer while we waited for our drinks to come from the bar which did come in a timely matter. I ordered a Cadillac margarita and my partner ordered a large beer, both were tasty and frosty cold. We ended up ordering the buy one get one pizza which is the Saturday special. The zucchini came out very hot with the perfect color on the breading so you know that it was not over or under done. They were crisp yet not mushy inside, cooked to perfection and delicious! Served with a side of ranch that they make themselves as opposed to that stale store bought stuff off the shelves, I think they really have something here with that ranch dressing of theirs, YUMMY!! The pizza here is really good. It is not my very favorite, but it is good. The only problem I would have with this is that I ordered extra cheese on one of them and it did not quite meet my expectations of XTRA cheese but the taste of pepperoni and cheese hit the spot.
The Draft has some great daily specials as well as an appealing happy hour and their menu is a good combination of burgers, sandwiches, appetizers and pizza. The service was great too! I must confess that we do frequent this place often and was impressed that the bartender and waitress not only remembered our names but also remembered my drink (I love it when that happens). Every time we come, the staff seems to be cheerful and "on it". I highly recommend the Draft if you are getting out and about with your family and want to stop for a relaxing bite to eat while you watch the game, literally any game or even if you are just in the mood for a great burger and beer. They are known to showcase the UFC fights also for a 10 dollar cover charge and will always have an array of sports on from The Chargers football games as well as all football games, baseball, NASCAR, soccer, boxing and then some, they are very accommodating if you ask for a certain game to be put on near your table. SO! There it is, my fair and honest opinion on The Draft Sports bar in Oceanside, Ca.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Tucked away in a shopping center on Oceanside Blvd in Oceanside, this is a great local sports bar with visible, flat screen TVS along the wall and an excellent selection of local beers. I was there for the first time to support a fundraiser to benefit breast cancer, which the owner graciously hosted. His enthusiasm for the event was evident and just one more reason to want to return.