Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Rodeway Inn(Alameda)
View Hotel
All reviewsanne mariesan franciscobeautiful hotelseparate tub and showerwater viewwalking pathoakland estuaryfree parkingquinn's lighthousebay viewjack london squarehighly recommend this hotelshuttle servicebest westernshot itemsnice breakfastspacious room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A very nice property with an excellent view of the bay. The workers were all very helpful & accomodating in answering questions & being informative of the Oakland area. Front Desk employee Erin (didn’t get her last name), went above & beyond in mapping out my itinerary for my entire stay & even drove the shuttle to get me to the Oakland subway (BART) system to get me around the city of Oakland...it was much appreciated. I would most definitely recommend this property to anyone visiting the Oakland area.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a estuary/bay view room with a balcony...
Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Eddie

Thank you for the great review, we appreciate your patronage. I know that Erin will be excited to see that she was able to make a difference with your stay in the area. There really are so many things to see and do that it is always helpful if someone with local knowledge can help.

Also, again I apologize for the issue with your receipt. We will definitely take your comments and suggestions to heart an incorporate them into our procedures.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My spouse and I are an older couple and found the hotel to be attractive and quiet. The staff was polite and accommodating. Our room was clean, spacious, and pleasing. There were several places nearby for dining and family activities. This was my husband’s second time staying at the hotel and felt it was better than the first. The hotel provides a beautiful view of the bay.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Jarita G

Dear Jarita,

Great that you came back and we're so excited that you did. Even better to hear that this stay was better than the last. Maybe the next stay we'll earn that coveted 5th dot!

We look forward to being your home away from home in the Bay Area.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the nicest Best Western Plus I have ever stayed - very modern decor, well kept, great views of the water. The only downside is it is extremely popular and crowded, so parking close to the front door can be a challenge, The staff was exceptional, the rooms are very large and well decorated, the bed is extremely comfortabl - I will definitely be staying here again when business takes me to Oakland.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Allen,

Fantastic Review and we actually get that a lot. We are really working to push that Best Western bar up and up. Please help us tell the world that our property is great for Corporate and Group Events.

All travelers, please if you have an issue with the parking, please ask our front desk staff for help. Sometimes they can point our special spots to park, even clear out a spot, or just make sure that you are covered.

Thank you Allen!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spacious room, clean, quiet with a lovely view of the Oakland estuary. My only complaints would be to replace to the 1-ply toilet paper with something more substantial and increased parking; have had to park in other hotel lots on the street if returning after 8pm.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank pbrrr

Dear pbrr,

You must have gotten a defective roll! Sorry about that.

Regarding parking, at one time the Bayside Hotel and the Executive Inn & Suites were all one hotel. Now that we're two hotels we share the same parking lot. So what is ours is their and visa versa. Unfortunately, the surveyed plot next to the waterfront isn't deep enough for extensive parking directly in front of the hotel entrance.

Thank you for the great review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the beginning of the booking process to my stay ending with Enrique, the shuttle driver, taking me to the airport, I was taken care of and WOWed.

Great job Hotel Best Western Plus Bayside. I'll be back - not just for the room but for the salmon dinner!

Room Tip: use the shuttle for the airport and try the salmon for dinner!
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business