“Great diner for breakfast and lunch”
Review of Side Street Cafe

Side Street Cafe
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: American
Description: phone (805) 499-9323
Description: phone (805) 499-9323
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. Just the diner basics- but good food for decent prices. They even have a very small outdoor patio so you can eat with your dog.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately, a great local place that has over the years raised their prices, cut portions and decreased quality. It’s a shame as it was always a great place for Family breakfast or breakfast with friends.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Coming from the UK it felt awkward to drive to an industrial park for a meal. We arrived and I realised this must be a local favourite as there were no parking spaces close to the restaurant. We had a table immediately and the welcome sign had the daily specials which sounded excellent. The server was prompt and we ordered some amazing dishes. I had the breakfast burrito and fresh orange juice. My family split the banana French toast and and a salad. The portions were large, the food very good and the service amazing. I’d go back again if I was ever in LA.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I can see how this restaurant stays in business despite it's location.
Located in an industrial park area, I would not have expected to see it open on a Sunday morning. Fortunately, we were visiting friends who knew about it. We arrived at approximately 8 am and were seated immediately. There were already people eating both inside and on the small patio in front.
Their hash is house made so that was my choice. Omelettes and pancakes were what the rest of our group ordered.
I had poached eggs and they were cooked perfectly. The hash was in chunks (not shredded) and very flavorful. The sides of fruit were all fresh and of a good size.
Everything was cooked exactly as ordered.
Service was prompt and attentive. Drinks were kept topped off. By the time we left, the restaurant had filled up (with good reason).
Tasty food, great service, what's not to like?

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at the Side Street Cafe. It's a lot bigger than it looks from the front. Service was fast and friendly, and very attentive by our waitress and both busboys.

Standard breakfast was okay. The hash browns had zero flavor and seemed a little mushy.

The turkey sandwich would have been really good if the toast wasn't burnt. I was surprised that our waitress served it with the crust being black and the bread burnt. The restaurant wasn't busy when we went, so there is no excuse for the cooks rushing to get a lot of orders out. The turkey was good and the French fries were very good.

Would I go there again? If it were my choice, no.