“Average food, awesome service”
Review of Side Street Cafe

Side Street Cafe
Ranked #12 of 100 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: American
Description: phone (805) 499-9323
Description: phone (805) 499-9323
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at the Side Street Cafe. It's a lot bigger than it looks from the front. Service was fast and friendly, and very attentive by our waitress and both busboys.

Standard breakfast was okay. The hash browns had zero flavor and seemed a little mushy.

The turkey sandwich would have been really good if the toast wasn't burnt. I was surprised that our waitress served it with the crust being black and the bread burnt. The restaurant wasn't busy when we went, so there is no excuse for the cooks rushing to get a lot of orders out. The turkey was good and the French fries were very good.

Would I go there again? If it were my choice, no.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

There aren't many breakfast places in Newbury Park, so every 6 or 8 months I reluctantly give this place another chance... and I almost always regret it. Sometimes the food is good, sometimes it is merely decent. But the service is consistently bad.

I was here recently as part of a group of four. Two finished eating before the other two received their food. Waitress was totally indifferent. The food suffers because it gets cold waiting for the server to bring it to the table. Good luck getting refills on your coffee.

With Country Harvest, Stella's and Dennys around, there is never a reason to come to this place. Maybe this time I will stick to my pledge of never coming back.

1  Thank NPcoach
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Amazing food, excellent friendly service. Everything fresh and always clean. Try their omelets. Lunches are good too.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Side Street Cafe is the best hole in the wall place for breakfast in the area. My kids always want to go there. They are friendly and get your food to you very quickly. The food is always delicious. I've never had a bad meal there. The homemade corn beef hash is great.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Took a friend of mine here for her birthday and in the beginning I thought my gps was giving me the wrong directions cuz it was like more in the industrial side of town but I found it - thank God for the big sign on the street. Anyway, I ordered breakfast burrito and that was awesome! It was so good that I even forgot to chew my food. The bad side, however, is the parking - it is very limited.