“Still good Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stopped by with the family a while back to try the food at Siam Thai . Happy to say the food is still very good. Slightly different than before but with new staff this is expected. Food and service still very good and very friendly.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Where do I start?

We went there on weekend.
We ordered three dishes.. We ordered- mixed veggies with tofu, fried rice with no onions, and yellow curry with chicken.. unfortunately there was something wrong with EVERY dish!

1. Fried rice- instead of no onions, they left out all the veggies. We only got rice and eggs, they forgot to put in green onions or the tomatoes... Cool, that's fine, no biggie.. it's just a small mistake.
2. Yellow curry with chicken- curry was a little too salty.. and we never received our white rice. One of the waiters came by and said he was going to come back with the white rice.... he never came back with it and walked by our table multiple times..
3. (This is the worst) mixed veggies with tofu- one of the staffs gave our dish to the table behind us by accident. I watched the people behind us try a few bites.. minutes later the waitress realizes that she gave the dish to the wrong table. She goes and picks up the dish and bring it straight to us. We told her that we saw the table behind us eat it.. I watched the waitress take the dish to the kitchen, then bring it back out and put it under the kitchen window. It sat there for a little while, next I saw another waitress bring the dish to the kitchen, then maybe a minute later our dish came out from the kitchen. I would like to think that they cooked us a new dish, but I really doubt it.. we gave the benefit of the doubt and tried it anyways. I was disappointed that they did't put my returned dish to their dirty dish bucket where our eyes could followed them to the spot.

I won't say the food was horrible, but I can't say it was good either. They had 3 waiters, but it seems like they were so lost as to what was going on. None of the wait staff seem to have set sections, and always seem confused as to what goes to what table... Did I give 15% tip? Yes because I used to wait tables and maybe they were having a bad night. Am I going to go back? Definitely not.... I'm not going to chance it again.
They are cheap people running the business. Farewell.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Stopped here with my son on a Sunday dinner. Ordered two Padthai. But asked to have egg wrap the noodle. We ordered hot tea and coffee. Beverages arrived 20 minutes later. Luke warm and coffee tasted vile. Waited another 30 Minutes and no Padthai. I complained as to see what the problem was and was told by a cheeky Thai lady with long hair that I had no idea how difficult it was to cook lots of Padthai at the same time . Was then told it would take another 20 to 30 mins. I informed her that this was unacceptable. She is the owner. We definately won't be back. The owner had poor attitude. Apparently you can only have scramble eggs in Padthai. Food was cold & inedible.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We have been frequent guests of Siam Thai for over 15 Years. We knew the Previous owners Sean and his wife Na'. We will miss them. The New owners have done well in updating colors and decor. The food is still good although slightly different. On our last visit, my husband was interested by their lunch special "Lobster Fried Rice". He was however disappointed that they used "canned" lump crab, instead of fresh. Especially with a price tag of $30- For a "LUNCH" special. We would have paid maybe $18, given the amount of food and the quality. Considering the prices of the other lunch items. I on the other hand stuck with my favorite "Long Song- Chicken", I found the curry to be 'watered down'. We will try again, soon. They may have had an off day. The Jury's still out...

Reviewed 21 December 2017

You can sit outside among a cozy ambiance or inside of an old Thai feel house - and eat excellent Thai food. Excellent meat and Fish, Duck or Sea Bass - all with unique and fresh ingredients. Wine and Beer - good service.