2 people are viewing this hotel
US$232
PricelineUS$248
Official HotelUS$248
Hotels.comUS$248
All reviews gas fireplace vaulted ceilings keurig coffee maker cannery row microwave motel wharf
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Well located basic hotel in Monterey. Very clean, spacious rooms. They offer some items in a buffet style for breakfast but it is not a meal at all. If you don't mind about that, consider staying here. No frills, no hassle.

1  Thank JapeBrazil
Munrasinn, Manager at Munras Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2019

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the good reviews and Trip advisor reviews very dissatisfied. The place is dirty and in a need of maintenance. Our bed is a old saggy mattress, pretty sure the sheets weren't clean because they are covered in long black hair. The lighting is horrible..flood lights. I'm skeeved. out. Location is great but they need to work on things.

3  Thank Luvgoodmeal
Reviewed 26 September 2018

I actually liked it here better than my husband did. We were able to walk downtown from the hotel, a plus. My husband thought the room was a little dated, but it was clean and comfortable. We both liked the gas fireplace. The free breakfast was minimal, but the coffee was good. One thing that really bothered me: I knew that the rates were high ($303) Sat. night because of a jazz festival in town. We were booked through Tingo on Trip Advisor. Sunday night we were charged less ($193) but when I went on Trip Advisor that night for another reason, I see the rate for Munras Inn for the same night is $158. So we paid $35 more for the room by booking on Tingo in advance. On top of that, somehow Trip Advisor created a second account for me when I made this booking??? I realize none of this is the hotel’s fault, but it made for an unpleasant experience.

1  Thank Dot13
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Decided to give it a try because it seemed reasonably priced for the area...poor decision. The rooms have very poor sound insulation, the garbage trucks come early. The continental breakfast is a joke; basically just processed food still in the plastic packaging (bleh). Cars barely squeeze into the limited parking, good luck with the large SUV or minivan. We did like the en-suite gas fireplace and the large room size, but that was offset by the lack of maintenance (sorely needed a paint job). We won’t be back, and won’t recommend this location.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank F1426GHdavidp
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

This place took us in after another hotel in town proved a horrible disappointment (Monterey Tides). Simple from the outside, our delux room with a balcony was very reasonable, pleasant, well designed and clean. Newly renovated. The staff was just great. Parking tight but quite possible. Balcony rooms on the back of the second building are quiet and overlook a quiet residential neighborhood and further off, the Bay. Stay here and you’ll save a ton of money, sleep well, and have lots to do in Monterey, which is close by!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank TLMNYC
Munrasinn, General Manager at Munras Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about Munras Inn. We are so happy that you like our Deluxe king room with balcony. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Monterey soon!