All reviews yogurt remodeled room exposed wood gas fireplace vaulted ceilings keurig coffee maker town centre complimentary breakfast large shower hotel motel great place to stay would stay here again bed and pillows sized room whole foods downtown monterey location is great
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

When we pulled in, I thought "oh no, did trip advisor steer me wrong?" But the staff were all very nice, the room was chic, large & comfortable, the hotel was very quiet, and the breakfast was a bit more robust than I was expecting.
The hotel definitely needs to work on their exterior, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. We were in room 16 on the second floor and had a lovely room with exposed wood ceiling & fireplace.
Breakfast was microwaveable breakfast sandwiches & burritos, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries and fruit.
Location was very close to a mall, but if you really want to stay close to the aquarium & restaurants, there are closer hotels actually on Cannery Row.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank heather6jdl
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My stay at the Munras Inn was excellent. I feel the nightly rate was fair. Jenny at the front desk was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. The room was roomy and comfortable. All in all, I feel the hotel is an excellent option for anyone visiting Monterey!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I am generally reluctant to stay at non-chain hotels because of past experiences, but this hotel is a good one. It's a basic hotel with no frills, but the rooms have been completely remodled and I was very happy with my stay. The bed and pillows are very comfortable and the bathrooms are outstanding. Nice job with the design of the rooms and for using high quality materials.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have vaulted ceilings.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Wade S
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Munras Inn was an incredible experience. We have stayed in Monterey many times. Most of our trips have been Pacific Grove and a couple of stays in Carmel. We found Munras Inn more affordable at this time. The staff Jenny and Cory, were just amazing! Spoke with Cory regarding reservation, which she describes many of the rooms available. We chose a room which sounded good to us. When we arrived, Jenny walked us to our room, and made sure we were ok with it. We were fine, but my husband asked to see what other rooms they had. Very happy to help us, Jenny went back to the office and came back with 2 other rooms for us to look at, the next room we liked much better, and asked to have that room. Jenny was so accommodating, went back changed rooms and we were set! The hospitality of this inn was awesome. We will be back. And Crazy Horse Restaurant, all you can eat Salad Bar 12.99, was really good. Over all great time!. And the bed was comfortable too!

Room Tip: Rooms that sit towards the back of the inn are less noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cheryl C
Reviewed 20 January 2018

This place was deceiving from the outside because our room was gorgeous! Great location, very clean and we had a great nights sleep! Comfy beds! I am so glad we found it! The owner was very polite. The price was a great value!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple