All reviews yogurt remodeled room exposed wood gas fireplace vaulted ceilings keurig coffee maker town centre complimentary breakfast large shower hotel motel great place to stay would stay here again bed and pillows sized room whole foods downtown monterey location is great
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for four days. Checked in late at night and the guy at the desk was helpful and once we got our keys we head to our room. I'm glad he put us at the end coz he must have realized my kid being her active self would not calm down and be an annoyance to neighbors. Anyways we went to our room (top floor - 2nd floor) and like I stated on my title we were just expecting a typical hotel room but it wasn't. The room seems so big with very high ceilings. It's beautifully designed to be catchy yet not too much. We enjoyed our stay and honestly it's definitely not a typical hotel/Inn. The girls enjoyed the big space I was able to work from there while they were busy on the other side of the room for a couple days doing their thing. The Inn is close to everything you want to check out (water, Denise the Menance park etc). We were there so hubby can finish up some work business at the Defense Language Institute. We all enjoyed being back after moving away for 6 months. We enjoyed the Donut shop, Park and picked up food from Chopstix (Fremont Ave location) on our way out.

Check out the Munrass Inn if ur planning on heading there. It was less than $110 per night. I believe that was cheaper than other hotels around and they had some complimentary breakfast too (muffins yogurt juice etc)

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Militants04
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Don't let the outside of this motel turn you away. The newly remodeled rooms have been tasteful done with a modern flare. Our room had high ceilings, comfortable king size bed, fire place, refrigerator, microwave, thick towels, very large shower with great water pressure, free coffee and a nice large flat screen TV. We booked this hotel by mistake (we thought we were staying at the Casa Munras) but were pleasantly surprised. The only minus was they didn't clean our room the first day. We were told by the front desk that you had to request for your room to be cleaned. Once we did they did a nice job. We stayed four nights and enjoyed our visit. The motel is centrally located and easy to find.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mychelle F
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The room are nicely renovated and are very spacious. They have a coffee machine, a fridge and a microwave. The gas fireplace made the room very cozy.
We actually walked twice down to the wharf and all the restaurants and it was a pleasant walk . Trader Joe's is less than a 10 min walk away and Whole foods is also a 10 min walk up the hill.
The staff was really nice and friendly. Overall it was a good value and we would definitely recommend staying there.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank medcoco1
Reviewed 10 December 2016

On our recent road trip and tour of the Western US, we stopped overnight at Munras Inn in Monterety, California. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of our room (almost cavernous) with 16 foot high ceiling and roomy trapezoidal shape. The room had a nice fireplace, refrigerator, microwave and TV with premium cable. Closet space was very generous, and the bathroom was long and spacious also. There was ample free parking. Breakfast was included consisting of breakfast sandwiches, pastries, cereals, fruit, juices and coffee, all to be picked up in the lobby and brought back to ones room for consumption. I think that it was a warm, comfortable place to stay, and would recommend it.

However, of the various hotel properties that we recently experienced on our tour, my wife and I remember Munras Inn as kind of the oddball. Not necessarily negatively so, but idiosyncratic. Like, the room was so huge that it seemed minimalist and empty. The angled ceiling with wooden beams reminded me of cabins in Tahoe. The bed was a large King, but the bed frame was larger than the mattress by 6 inches or so. The bedside could have used some lamps or reading lights. The two lounge chairs in the room were upholstered in a sort of vinyl/plastic and were a good 14 feet from the television. The main lighting for the room was a chandelier that seemed incongruous with the otherwise modern decor. Access to the property was not exactly easy also, involving driving around the block to approach the one driveway from the NE.

Overall I would say that it was a good nights' stay and a good value, so I can recommend it. It was a nice, comfortable hotel. Just be prepared for the little odd quirks.

Room tip: Ask for a fireplace room
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrewsk8s
Reviewed 9 December 2016

We booked to stay for three nights at the beginning of November. We were given a room the furthest point from the road on the road floor. We could not fault anything the room had two double beds, a fire, a lovely bathroom and plenty of storage. The car was safely parked outside. It was quiet, clean and a short walk from the town centre. The reception staff were all pleasant and a good selection of continental breakfast was included. It was the best motel we stayed in during our stay in the USA for the price we paid.

Room tip: Most of the room are designed to be away from the road
Date of stay: November 2016