“QUICK SERVICE ON A BUSY SUNDAY”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #7 of 153 Restaurants in Monrovia
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We didn't have reservations but decided to taje a chance. We had a 15 minute wait, but there were plenty of places to sit. We were thirsty and we were excited to see a large beverage dispenser in the waiting area with fruit water- but it was empty. The service was fast and food good. The reason I didn't rate excellent is the server. He was efficient, but a little arrogant. It was apparent that he is very skilled at his job though. His name was not on the check either. He didn't have a name tag on. The on duty man.ager (Hispanic Gentleman) had a very active presence, overseeing everything- which was impressive. Overall, very good & we would retirn

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We had ice teas, roast and veggies and meatloaf, staff was awesome and attentive. They had a large party and we did. It feel forgotten. The Restaurant was clean and well kept up.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Marriott Courtyard in Pasadena/Monrovia for 2 nights..not happy with breakfast there so second day went to Mimi's.
Server came to table, I asked" How flexible us the Chef ?" He replied,"Why do you ask?"
I said,"I'd love cheese crepes without meat or vegetables..with fruit over,is that possible?"
He replied," the chef is in a good mood,no problem."
My friend also asked for cheese left out of her dish.
Quick service, excellent dishes..will come again. By the way,the Chef took our order and served as we were first customers before wait staff arrived. Above and beyond great service.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank Cherie B
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We haven't had much luck the last few years with eating out on Thanksgiving. We don't prepare anything at home for the holiday. We always dine out on Thanksgiving day. This year we tried Mimi's Cafe in Monrovia. We did a walk in, we should have made reservations like most people in the know did, but we didn't do that. But they were understanding and seated us within about 20 minutes. They were very busy. And I could understand why. The food was exceptional. They asked us if we wanted white or dark meat. We said would it be possible to have both. Our server left and inquired in the kitchen and came back to answer with "no problem". The portions were big, and the food was delicious. We will make it a habit to go every year now. We can't wait to make reservations for the 2018 Thanksgiving feast. If you haven't tried Mimi's for Thanksgiving, I recommend you do so. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Went to Mimi’s for breakfast today with the wife. We both ordered the Pain Perdu, she ordered scrambled eggs with turkey sausage and I ordered over easy eggs with bacon. So far so good. Food comes, both our our egg orders were so over cooked it was almost like eating rubber. Bacon was mostly thin pieces of over cooked fat. Server didn’t come by once to refill coffee or check on us.
Booth next to us called for the manager, because they had same problem with eggs. While he was finishing them, I told him about our food. He agreed the food was over cooked and gave us a $7.00 discount to cover the eggs and bacon.
I told him he needs to hire a cook that can cook eggs. When then left. Don’t know if we will return. This place used to be great.

Date of visit: January 2018