“Croatian dinner”
Review of Cafe LuMar

Cafe LuMar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe LuMar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 145 Restaurants in Monrovia
Cuisines: American, Croatian
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Cafe LuMar is located within a block to a Friday night city street fair/farmer's market. Even though the area was busy we found parking in a nearby public parking lot.
Service was good. The food was excellent and fresh. We ordered two entrees: Beef Goulash and the Special Chicken with mushroom on fresh spinach and finished off with a delicious fresh strawberry crepe.
While we were eating, there happened to be a drop-in duo playing classical Croatian tunes. Excellent voices and instrumentals which added to the experience of being in Croatia. It's a country I fondly remember visiting and enjoying the cuisine and sights. So glad to find a San Gabriel Valley area cafe serving good food in the home-cooking style of Croatia.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for a brunch. I enjoyed the savory crepe and my husband had a breakfast crepe. Small family owner place so while the service is good, and can take a while to get your food.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We were eight for dinner and choose this restaurant because we knew it would be quiet. And it was. We can all hear each other talk. But of course the best part was the food. Some in our group ordered the three-course special while others just ordered a la carte. All the food was fabulous. All fresh. All delicious. All well priced. The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I’m not often in this area, but next time I find myself here I will return.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Luckily we had a reservation at noon on a Friday when this 26, or so, seat restaurant was full with reservations for the open tables. The 10 seat outdoor area on the sidewalk was also available but not especially attractive on a winter day. Maggie was a friendly, knowledgable server and the kitchen more than met all expectations. The restaurant, the food and it's presentation, and the service, all make for a feeling as if one is eating as a guest in someone's home. The portions are healthy, even for large appetites, and the serving is obviously freshly prepared. I had the Sarma (stuffed caggage) and my wife had crepes stuffed with chicken and broccoli (with the white sauce inside, not on top of, the crepe).The menu is very interesting with a selection of dishes from several European countries and we will be back to try some more. There is a limited beer and wine selection, although having some unusual beers that we tested and found to be light for lunch: Karlovačko and Sarajevska. Although there is a civic parking lot across the street, and on-street parking, finding an open space can be hard to do.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Love, love, love this place. One of our favorite restaurants. Who knew Croatian tasted so good?! Our favorites: Beef Stroganoff, Sarma & Chevapi. Not bad: Goulash, Lamb Chop & Pork Schnitzel. We also like to order Lemonade & Chicken Soup. Chicken soup is amazing.