“Bad fish”

Koma Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 129 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I eat a lot of sushi l. The quality and shelf life of some fish at this reatraurant was highly questionable. Sushi looked dry and not in the condition to be served for consumption. Sushi chef was making faces when i have expressed my concerns and asked to have something served else instead. I would never come back here again and do hope that I will not feel sick after eating here tonight.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

This place is low-key and unpretentious. The sushi is better than average and uses high quality fish. Service quality varies; the staff is friendly but may be slow when slammed.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Been here before, and I am still impressed with the sushi here. Really tasty dragon roll, but the sushi platters are also something to strive for. Works well for small groups, and induces a nice authentic feeling of a neighborhood-sushi-joint. Will definitely return. Standard sushi/special sushi are probably best value for money, including salad and miso soup.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I went here for the first time recently. I had low expectations because sushi in this part of the Bay area is often not very good. I was pleasantly surprised, it was excellent. A bit on the pricey side if you ask me, most sushi is $2.75 and up per piece. I thought the scallop sushi was about the best I've ever eaten.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Small spot, but ace sushi chef & the BEST quality fish around - like butter, you don't even need teeth!!! The service away from the sushi bar is a bit spotty, and it gets crowded fast, but well worth any such distractions!

1  Thank Don C